What's new

Downgrade a NEW 4.0.2 Iphone4?

Tazz

Reaction score
Hello, Im new here =)
Im getting my new iphone4 in about 2 weeks and it will propably be FW 4.0.2. I´ve herd that the device must have been jailbroken before to downgrade it back to 4.0.1. Does that mean im not going to be able to downgrade it? :/ If so, is there, or will there be another way to JB it?

Just ordered my first iPhone. ETA 3 weeks. I also need to know if its any way to rollback from 4.0.2

there will for sure in the near future be a way to jailbreak 4.0.2 or hopefully will be, if apple is still signing the 4.0.1 there is a thread on here how to restore it to an older firmware and just jailbreak away, i went to 4.0.2 and rolled it back down to 4.0.1 and it worked just fine, so good luck with both of your devices

there will for sure in the near future be a way to jailbreak 4.0.2 or hopefully will be, if apple is still signing the 4.0.1 there is a thread on here how to restore it to an older firmware and just jailbreak away, i went to 4.0.2 and rolled it back down to 4.0.1 and it worked just fine, so good luck with both of your devices

Did you have SHSH saved on cydia?

If not please tell me how you downgraded it.

I cant downgrade it,apple stopped it apperantly.

The original poster asked how to downgrade a NEW iPhone 4 that already has 4.0.2 on it.

The answer is no, as of today (22nd Aug 2010) there is no way to do that.

The Cydia blobs are stored by IMEI. He would not be able to use previously stored blobs to downgrade a different iPhone 4.

But there's still a good chance he will get one with the previous firmware.

And no, there's no way to jailbreak 4.0.2 yet. Everybody's "secret" exploits were all based on the PDF exploits...even if they never told you about it.

the jailbreak will be coming soon...just sit tight...

banner.png

Hi,

One of my frnd in US bought an iphone 4g for me , But he doesn't know how to check FW on it. Can anyone tell me how to check the FW on iphone?

Thanks in advance!
Pavan

Everybody is saying that the 4.0.2 JB will be comming out soon. Where do you get your sources from? Musclenerd have not said anything about 4.0.2 JB.

I just recieved my IPhone 4 today or umm yesterday and would like to find out what IOS it has before I activate it. If I can't jailbreak I"m seriously considering keeping it in the box and waiting until it can be jailbroke.

In the meantime my 3GS is running like a Jailbroken champ.

Is there a way to see what IOS is on it before I activate it?

I just recieved my IPhone 4 today or umm yesterday and would like to find out what IOS it has before I activate it. If I can't jailbreak I"m seriously considering keeping it in the box and waiting until it can be jailbroke.

In the meantime my 3GS is running like a Jailbroken champ.

Is there a way to see what IOS is on it before I activate it?
Read previous posts?
http://www.iphone4forum.net/forum/13177-post10.html