What's new

iPhone4S, iPad2 and iPad3 downgrading right around the corner

Jmills87

Reaction score
Well for those who follow the devs on Twitter, you may have noticed that MuscleNerd announced that there is a downgrade method available for A5/A5X devices that had not been patched by Apple. Today, he announced that the new version of Redsn0w will have an option to downgrade the iPhone4S, iPad2 and iPad3(provided you saved your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs). So those of you who "accidentally" updated or were forced to update will be able to downgrade so you can jailbreak again!

$Screen Shot 2012-05-08 at 9.08.21 PM.jpg

That's what I'm talking about hope it comes out soon!

MuscleNerd usually doesn't announce an upcoming release(let alone show a picture of the release in action) if he's not about ready to release it. I'm guessing it will be released within the next 24-48 hours!

I hope so I don't have my Mac with me do you think it can be used by pc and Mac or just mac?

I'm sure it will be released for Mac and PC simultaneously, if anything it will be out for Mac first since that's the primary OS that MuscleNerd uses

Okay, Question. Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't even know what an SHSH blob is so I never even bothered saving it when I accidentally updated it. Is there anyway where I can get a hold of a SHSH Blob?

Okay, Question. Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't even know what an SHSH blob is so I never even bothered saving it when I accidentally updated it. Is there anyway where I can get a hold of a SHSH Blob?

Once Apple has stopped singing the firmware, there is no way to save an SHSH for that firmware. The only SHSH you can save right now is 5.1.1

The new redsn0w which allows downgrading the iPhone4S, iPad2 and iPad3 has now been released, I will try and do a tutorial write-up some time in the future.

Yess please do a tutorial bro! I'm excited hahah