What's new

dose the iphone 4 work on wifi out of the box

kode

Reaction score
with out a contract through at&t,like an ipod touch.. at&t says that it will not work with out buying the contract. i just wanna buy the phone out right ..at&t says that i can buy it for $600 but it wont work / come on ,, or use wifi ,are they bull shiting me . or just wanting me to buy the contract

you have to use a att sim card but i think you can use it with out contract just buy a pay as you go one or jailbreak and unlock it.

is there anything i should know before i buy an iphone 4 with out a contract through the apple store

If you buy in US you will be locked to AT&T.
If you want to buy unlock buy from Canada.

im confused i though canada couldn't get an iphone 4 an canada was ordering from u.s apple stores, also if i buy from canada does the phone work with out sevious like on wifi an is it fully unlocked as in carrier unlocked ,,if its better to buy from canada ,can some one post a link where to buy the i phone 4 out right in canada ,like online stores

Just Google "apple Canada", go there and purchase. It will be factory unlocked, meaning it will work with any cellular provider in the world.

there is just one problem i can order it though apple canada but they wont ship it to the US ,,they will only ship with in canada is there any way around that or is the another site other then the apple store canada ,,please help like i said i live in the US an want a factory unlocked i phone 4 ,, also lookin for the cheapest price too

Last edited:
You might want to buy it from eBay from a reputed seller.

I knew someone in Singapore who was travelling to India and requested them to buy it for me. The phone is working just fine in India.

I would use ebay....... Just to give you an idea the price of an unlocked 16GB iPhone4 from the UK is 499pounds=almost $800 then you have too sort the shipping......

shippin there are companies that will take the order then ship it any where world wide but just a little extra cost. well worth it imo if you want it sim free

Just order the phone now before apple sends out their next batch. Then jailbreak and wait for the new unlock tool to get released. Which is not far away

with out a contract through at&t,like an ipod touch.. at&t says that it will not work with out buying the contract. i just wanna buy the phone out right ..at&t says that i can buy it for $600 but it wont work / come on ,, or use wifi ,are they bull shiting me . or just wanting me to buy the contract

to answer the above question, I just bought mine off of ebay and the wifi works just fine. It is still locked to AT&T, however there is no sim card in it. I just plugged it in to itunes and it came on with no problems. It syncs fine too.