What's new

Does push/fetch need to be on for email notifications to appear in the lock screen?

egrolman

Reaction score
Hi,
My emails are appearing in my inbox, but not appearing as a notification (and yes, the settings are on for it to appear, and also to appear on the lock screen). Reminders appear on the lock screen, but not emails. Can't get it to work with or without fetch or push on. Can anyone help?
Thanks!

This has been a topic of discussion recently and a number of us are having the same issue. So far I haven't seen any solution. One way to make it work is to leave the mail app running when you turn the phone off, but you shouldn't have to.

This has been a topic of discussion recently and a number of us are having the same issue. So far I haven't seen any solution. One way to make it work is to leave the mail app running when you turn the phone off, but you shouldn't have to.

Can you clarify? By "make it work", do you mean to have emails appear in the lock screen notification? That's not happening, even though I *am* leaving it running. I can still get the emails from my Inbox; I just want to have the notifications work. Btw, this is a 4, not a 4S.
Thanks!

I have a 4, not a 4s, too. Yes, e-mails will appear in the lock screen notification. Do you have "View in Lock Screen" turned on? Settings>Notifications>Mail. Choose the "Alerts" option and turn "View in Lock Screen" on.

Thanks, Dave, but all those settings are set as you have indicated; still not working.
Ellen

Thanks, Dave, but all those settings are set as you have indicated; still not working.
Ellen

You might try doing a hard reset. Other than that I'm not going to be of much help. As mentioned before, I've had my own share of problems with push notifications and I'm fairly well convinced that it may be a problem that we can't solve on this end. I hope Apple is looking into it.