What's new

does factory resetting iphone sign you out of icloud and erase everything?

Manaan

Reaction score
i decided to give my factory unlocked 4s (not jailbroken, stock everything) to my mom so i put my 4s in DFU mode and did an update/factory reset with itunes - but now im wondering, does that sign me out of icloud and erase all my photos and music?

i already sent the phone to her place so cant retrieve it now, was just wondering.

when i look at iCloud it shows that i am still signed into the 4s, how is that possible?

If you didn't disable Find my iPhone before erasing it, you might still find it in your iCloud. This also means she won't be able to set it up without your iCloud login details.

You'll find the instructions to remove it from iCloud here:
iCloud Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Apple recommends to erase the iPhone in Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings before giving it away. That way it will also be removed from your iCloud account.

Last edited:
If you didn't disable Find my iPhone before erasing it, you might still find it in your iCloud. This also means she won't be able to set it up without your iCloud login details.

You'll find the instructions to remove it from iCloud here:
iCloud Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Apple recommends to erase the iPhone in Settings - General - Reset - Erase all Content and Settings before giving it away. That way it will also be removed from your iCloud account.
i didnt have find my ipone enabled, just icloud to sync contacts...so it should be clear and singed out right?

You must delete the iCloud account from the phone. If you do not, when you go to activate it, it will still be tied to your IMEI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk