What's new

Just jailbroken phone and did not select restore from icloud in intiial setup

eternal

Reaction score
I just jailbroken my phone and did not select restore from icloud when I did the backup. Now when i try to reset my settings so I can get to that screen to restore the device, my device cannot reset anymore because it has been jailbroken. Does anyone know how I can restore my icloud backup after my phone has been jailbroken? I have the 4s with cydia installed. Thanks

I just jailbroken my phone and did not select restore from icloud when I did the backup. Now when i try to reset my settings so I can get to that screen to restore the device, my device cannot reset anymore because it has been jailbroken. Does anyone know how I can restore my icloud backup after my phone has been jailbroken? I have the 4s with cydia installed. Thanks

I got this to work by doing the following:
  • Backup to iCloud (and to PC if you have the time...i'm impatient)
  • Restore using iTunes to 5.1.1
  • During setup, restore the phone back to that iCloud backup you just created
  • When the phone reboots, cancel any login prompts, etc. and go right to the Settings to put the phone in airplane mode. This keeps all the apps you had from loading. They may appear in that shaded mode that you see before they install, but no data can load while in airplane mode.
  • Jailbreak your device at this time.
  • Once you have the jailbreak ready to go, let those apps install (Exit airplane mode)
  • Enjoy!