What's new

Does Brasso Get Rid Of Scratches Off The Iphones Chrome Boarder?

IPHONE4S_NEWGUY

Reaction score
Hi Guy,

I recently brought an Iphone 4S and I've been really over protective with it but I've discovered some scratches on its chrome boarder. I've searched for some tips on the net and some people have recommended things like toothpaste? but I don't feel too keen on taking toothpaste to my Iphone 4S. Someone brought 'brasso' to my attention, I just wanted to ask will it help get rid of the scratches on the chrome?

Thank You

Lol I have the 4S and have had the 4 Before this one and tbh I have had cases on from day one and somehow managed to get little scuffs/scratches on chrome it's inevitable in my opinion but as for brasso I wouldn't even try it you might fade or make them worse stick a case on and forget about them

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

Brasso will alter the look of that single spot, you would have to polish the entire phone. You would risk getting the polish in places you wouldn't want and possibly damage the phone. The above is sound advise, put it in a case and don't worry about the scratches.

Sent from my OEM iPhone

I wouldn't risk it myself,after a while you won't worry about little scratches so much,as has been said its inevitable.

thank you very, I think the scratches are inevitable and I will just have to accept it lol. So I've just fitted my Iphone 4S with a screen protector and a see through bumper and you can't tell at all. And as for brasso like horsehaulin and elitegamer767 say there is a risk I could ruin my Iphone completely so I staying away from it. Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
great,theres no one more careful than me but somehow i got a little nick in the plastic frame thats around the glass,drove me mad at first looking at it all the time,i barely think about it now.

I know, but the moment we say it's a good idea and thirty owners have fried their phones and someone on the site has a bad rap and some troll/s following them in every thread. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S us

I know, but the moment we say it's a good idea and thirty owners have fried their phones and someone on the site has a bad rap and some troll/s following them in every thread. Lol

You got me on that one...Good point!

my advise 'DO NOT USE BRASSO' or any other liquid abrasive, the fluid used us very thin and like WD40 penetrates any opening in equipment.

i use stainless steel vandal ressistant buttons, nothing damages them more or quicker than penetrating oils used to clean the door entry panels they are installed into.

Last edited:
That was extreme, but I am an Admin on Diesel Place, and I have seen it before, LOL!

I will have to look into your forum site. My husband is a LA vet with 3 diesel trucks for the business. We also own a farm with 2 diesel tractors and I have a diesel jetta! Have you heard of Fred's TDI forum? I am a member there. Oops... sorry to be OT! :)

Yeah, I am a member of many diesel forums to include tdiforum. I own a 600rwhp Duramax.

Btw, diesel place is a GM diesel forum. Medium duty also.