What's new

Apps Disappeared/ Not working

JillEms

Reaction score
iPhone 6s Problem

I first noticed this problem last night when I went to use Soundhound - it had disappeared from its folder!

Then I found that other apps had gone too - many being Sound or Media related e.g. BBC iPlayer, Youtube and Spotify. Chrome has also gone.

If I go to the App Store to seek to reinstall, the relating apps all are shown as on my phone already but "Open" is faint and clicking it does nothing.

From Updates in the App Store I can see that the following were all updated over recent days and none has Open next to it - on looking, they have all disappeared from their relating folders:

Chrome
Google Maps
iPlayer Radio
BBC iPlayer
Youtube
Google
Instagram
Baby and Child First Aid (has video/sound components and uses internet)
Spotify

I have tried resetting the phone to its original settings. I cannot re-install. I have 96.1 GB still available.

In the App Store I have noticed that I cannot replace Chrome with any other browser - Firefox, Opera, Dolphin, etc. all have "Get" in faint letters and cannot be downloaded.

This means that I cannot use my phone to get onto the internet at all. None of this is making sense to me but I am hoping that having detailed the problem, it may make sense to someone else. Any help gratefully received. I have only had the phone for a month and was delighted with it.....

Welcome to iPhone Forums, JillEms!

This partially sounds like you have Restrictions enabled.
Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. Enter the passcode. Then make sure Safari is allowed (enabled), as well as Installing Apps, Deleting Apps and perhaps also In-App-Purchases. Otherwise you'll not be able to browse via Safari, or install and delete apps.

Also go to Allowed Content - Apps (also in Restrictions), and allow all apps.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, JillEms!

This partially sounds like you have Restrictions enabled.
Go to Settings - General - Restrictions. Enter the passcode. Then make sure Safari is allowed (enabled), as well as Installing Apps, Deleting Apps and perhaps also In-App-Purchases. Otherwise you'll not be able to browse via Safari, or install and delete apps.

Also go to Allowed Content - Apps (also in Restrictions), and allow all apps.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that did it!!!! Thank you SO much!!!
I had followed advice to get the battery to last longer and must have been too "gungho" in doing so.
I am really grateful for your help.