What's new

does anyone have this problem on AT&T with their iphone 5?

d0n_g

Reaction score
i noticed that when i charged my iphone 5, it would lose service when the lightening cable was in. it would say, "no sim card installed." and when i would take it off the charger, i would get service back after a few minutes. also, there are two unusable app icons on my home screen, "SharedPackagE" and "SpringBoard." i have turned off my phone numerous times to fix either problem but am having no such luck.

here are the screenshots below:

$photo.jpg$photo-1.jpg

any suggestions or comments, let me know! thanks!

Sounds like you might have a faulty phone. I don't have any experience with AT&T iphones though. I would try doing a restore and if that doesn't work, get it replaced.

i'll try it and see...hopefully it fixes it...if not, to the apple store i go!

Did you previously have a jailbroken iPhone? If so when you first set up the iPhone 5 did you set it up as a new phone or use a back up of your previous jailbroken iPhone?

my previous iphone was jailbroken. and i did use a back up. do you think that could be a factor?

thanks, thomasjtsi. i'm sure thats the cause...i will probably do a clean restore without a backup... and thanks, antisomnic, i did a restore from backup and i still had the same issues...

Do the restore and then new device like you mentioned, it will at least rule it out. I didn't even think about it and used a back up from my iPhone 4 which was jailbroken but I haven't noticed any issues on my iPhone 5, if I do then I will restore and set up as a new device.

I agree about restoring like it's a new phone. Isn't the springboard app a jailbreak app you get through cidia? I haven't used a jail broken iPhone in awhile but, I wouldn't think that app would work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2