What's new

Do you think it will be nearly impossible to get the iPhone?

Matth3w

Reaction score
I'm going out of town from the 5th to the 26th of February (figures) and at the very least won't be able to get my phone until I get back. Do you think I'm going to run into the issue where the phone is sold out for months by the time I get back if I don't pre-order?

I won't have access to an Apple store while I'm gone, or any way to activate the phone with iTunes either, so getting it while on my trip is not an option.

If you're with Verizon you should be able to pre-order on the 3rd. So why not pre-order it and have it when you get back?

Because if it comes in on the 10th by the time I get home I'm over two weeks into my 30 day return policy if I don't like it.

That would be a problem. Since you won't have access to the internet while your gone you'll have to bite the bullet I think. Chances are the phone will be sold out for awhile because verizon customers have been waiting for this to happen. I'm not sure but, you might be able to go to a Verizon or apple store when you get back and order an Iphone and they'll hold one aside for you when they get another shipment. So you might have to wait one more week when you get home.

That would be a problem. Since you won't have access to the internet while your gone you'll have to bite the bullet I think. Chances are the phone will be sold out for awhile because verizon customers have been waiting for this to happen. I'm not sure but, you might be able to go to a Verizon or apple store when you get back and order an Iphone and they'll hold one aside for you when they get another shipment. So you might have to wait one more week when you get home.
Yeah maybe, not a bad idea. I guess, I'm not going to be waiting MONTHS for it, probably just a week at the most, right?

Also, I don't want to pre-order because my wife knows I really want it, my 30th bday is in March, and figure that she might get it for me. Not 100% sure though.

Yeah maybe, not a bad idea. I guess, I'm not going to be waiting MONTHS for it, probably just a week at the most, right?

Also, I don't want to pre-order because my wife knows I really want it, my 30th bday is in March, and figure that she might get it for me. Not 100% sure though.

I do this all the time for video games and I don't see why they wouldn't do it for phones. And with the demand for the phone so high I'm sure Verizon will have large shipments for the coming months. So week is likely what you'll have to wait.

If your wife might get one for you then the wait will be almost two months. . .but that's a free iphone for you.;)

No I mean she might get it for me as an early present for when I return from my trip. She wouldn't wait, because she knows I am tempted to pre-order it.

Well nuts. . .if you play this right she could order it for you a few days before you get home and you'd have it shortly after coming home. Unless she's going with you on thi trip?

Nope, it's work-related. I'm headed to the Joint Readiness Training Center to train deploying soldiers on specific intelligence related tasks.

Then this idea should work out. Even if she doesn't buy it for you she can still put in the order for you. This way you won't have any of your 30 day return eatten up.

True. I will have my phone with me, so I suppose I could order it a week or so before I return if she doesn't, or maybe longer based on what the backorder times are.