What's new

Ditching blackberry for iphone

derrick2005

Reaction score
After many years of being a loyal blackerry user I am finally ready to say bye and get the iphone 5 when sprint launch it next month.

Can I ask others who have used blackberries how their experience have been? I will need to jailbreak to get some apps i need like intelliscreen. For the iphone 5 hopw long will it take to be able to jailbreak and get approproate apps? on blackberry it takes a long time.

Just hoping to hear how others coped without bb keyboard and any other advice. Thanks

Welcome to the forums. Im a former crackberry user and I have to say the switch was easy. It takes a little while to get to get use to the touch keyboard but it's no biggy. I've been hearing lately how some users miss the led notifier. Its not a issue with me. With ios5 you'll get something like intelliscreen. As far as jailbreaking it who knows. Time will tell.

I just ditched my Blackberry of almost three years last week for the Iphone and I love it. They keyboard did take a bit to get use to as mentioned but once you get the hang of it I find I can type just as quickly as I could on my Blackberry. I also couldn't get over how easy the Iphone was to setup email addresses. As I recall with the Blackberry it was harder but with the Iphone it's just a matter of selecting what you want to do and entering the information. I don't think I'll ever go back to Blackberry again.

I had to deal with a BB Bold for about 2 months and it was the worst time of my cell phone usage. I'm glad to have the iPhone 4 now. Also it's better than the droid that I had before it.

I had used BB and Android, I will have to say that you are in for a MUCH better experience now.

I had a blackberry and ported my number over to a different service provider just to find out that the new service provider didn't work in my house. So I switched back to my blackberry and I guess in the process, my email information got deleted.