What's new

Disappointed Apple Head

harleyranger

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and joined to see if other's are as frustrated as I am with the launch of the new iPhone 5 launch in Canada. I put my name on the waiting list the first time I heard it was coming out. After 1 month, it arrived, I was so excited as I am a total Apple Head, I have iMac, iPad, iPods, apple TV, apple router, etc. I switched my entire family and college kids to apple. Well, first thing I was disappointed in was the change of the charger, because that was one of the things that I really liked about apple, that they were consistent with their chargers, so every car and every room had a charger in it. So, now I can't use my sounddocks with this new charger. Then, the guy at the store tells me they are coming out with an adaptor, okie dokie, no problem, I'll go but an adaptor. NO ONE has seen one or knows when this is coming out. I even tried to buy another charger and no such luck there either. What is apple thinking???? Why would you introduce the phone and make major charging changes and not supply extra adaptors??? This is crazy. It's to the point where, I am considering going back to my 4S and selling my 5. I am really not happy! Bad move apple...

Anyone else feel my pain???

No pain here it's a better charger and its time for change! It's digital era time more info much quicker and have you seen how fast it charges??? I have and love it!!!! I will gladly buy your phone for a spare!!!😬

in the UK all the accessories are available,not sure why they wouldn't be in Canada.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and joined to see if other's are as frustrated as I am with the launch of the new iPhone 5 launch in Canada. I put my name on the waiting list the first time I heard it was coming out. After 1 month, it arrived, I was so excited as I am a total Apple Head, I have iMac, iPad, iPods, apple TV, apple router, etc. I switched my entire family and college kids to apple. Well, first thing I was disappointed in was the change of the charger, because that was one of the things that I really liked about apple, that they were consistent with their chargers, so every car and every room had a charger in it. So, now I can't use my sounddocks with this new charger. Then, the guy at the store tells me they are coming out with an adaptor, okie dokie, no problem, I'll go but an adaptor. NO ONE has seen one or knows when this is coming out. I even tried to buy another charger and no such luck there either. What is apple thinking???? Why would you introduce the phone and make major charging changes and not supply extra adaptors??? This is crazy. It's to the point where, I am considering going back to my 4S and selling my 5. I am really not happy! Bad move apple...

Anyone else feel my pain???
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Nope. The 30 pin connector was keeping the iPhone based on late 90s designed technology. I am very happy to see them finally using 201x tech in the iPhone connector. Can't wait to see what they do next.

BTW I have two iPads (3rd Gen), two iPhone 4 (CDMA), one iPhone 4S, two iPod Nanos (4th and 6th Gen), iMac 2011 and an iPhone 5. So I see the situation you are concerned with. The only difference is I future proofed all my charging areas by using adapters that were USB based. All I did was buy 3 lightning cables and have the right next to the 30 pin cables to swap as needed.

I ordered my adapter with the phone and got it delivered yesterday. I am in Canada so I am sure it's not much longer to wait before they are available everywhere.

I've got a right foot with some pain and my knees hurt a bit. But you don't really care about that.

Actually I am disappointed about the accessories that are available. I would like a real cradle that I could plug my iPhone in and not need an adapter. I would think these things should be out by now, I've had the phone for a month now and there really isn't anything available exclusively for iPhone 55.