What's new

luckyjock

Reaction score
I am a senior citizen and electronically inept.
I have purchased a new IPhone 12 mini and am finding the charging accessory terminology very confusing. I want to order cords and adaptors for my cars but there are so many different ones that I am at a loss for selecting the proper ones.
I have a power cord and wall adaptor for the house. But I don't know the terms to identify them.
There are usb outlets in one car and a cigarette lighter style outlet in the other.
What charger cords and plug-in adaptors do I need for my car. Do I need a particular wattage. What is the terminology. There are different size connectors at each end of the charging cord. What is the proper terminology for each.
Please give me the complete idiots guide to ordering charging accessories.
Thank you
Jim Gordon

I am a senior citizen and electronically inept.
I have purchased a new IPhone 12 mini and am finding the charging accessory terminology very confusing. I want to order cords and adaptors for my cars but there are so many different ones that I am at a loss for selecting the proper ones.
I have a power cord and wall adaptor for the house. But I don't know the terms to identify them.
There are usb outlets in one car and a cigarette lighter style outlet in the other.
What charger cords and plug-in adaptors do I need for my car. Do I need a particular wattage. What is the terminology. There are different size connectors at each end of the charging cord. What is the proper terminology for each.
Please give me the complete idiots guide to ordering charging accessories.
Thank you
Jim Gordon
The iPhone 12 has a Lightning socket with a cable that’s ends in a C- plug. To connect to your cigarette lighter you could get an adaptor made by Mophie ( available from Apple) which has a C socket. For the other car you will need a simple USB to C adaptor, also available from Apple.

1672066512671.png