What's new

Did the new 6.0.2 fix your WiFi

It has been reported that this update decreases battery life which I have noticed.

I am on the Sprint network and have had to use an airave in my home for years to have decent reception. My 4S worked fine with this system and my 5 was fine until the new software update! My battery life is draining at a ridiculous rate now and I cannot connect through my airave any longer! I did not notice any problems with wifi prior to update and am REALLY regretting updating my phone. I did not expect this issue.

iPhone 5 on Verizon and no issues with 6.0.2. I didn't have issues before though. Battery drain is the same as before the update.

I am on the Sprint network and have had to use an airave in my home for years to have decent reception. My 4S worked fine with this system and my 5 was fine until the new software update! My battery life is draining at a ridiculous rate now and I cannot connect through my airave any longer! I did not notice any problems with wifi prior to update and am REALLY regretting updating my phone. I did not expect this issue.

I have the Sprint Airwave and an iphone 5 as well. No issues with the update. Did you try to unplug/reset the airwave? I find I need to do this fairly often.

My battery drain is odd since the update. This morning it seems fine. At 97% and been off charger for 1h45m. I would like to revert back to 6.0.1 bc the battery drain is bad and it's very noticeable. Before I could come home with about 55 to 45%. Now I come home and it's 20 to 35%. I used to have a hard time killing the battery and since the update its not been a problem. The update only fixed a speed issue for me and incould have just switched to my 2.4ghz network if it was a concern.

IphoneMommy said:
Was this update only for the 5? My husbands 4s didn't get an update and he always has wifi issues.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

The iOS 6.0.2 update is only for the iPhone 5 and the iPad mini.

This is an odd problem. Sometimes I see it but I didn't see it yesterday or this morning. I thought that it was due to putting the iPhone near the router overnight (it dropped 3% overnight) and about 10% two stories away last night. On the way into work, there was no drop. BTW, I did turn WiFi off and on again on Saturday. I think that I preferred the 6.0.1 behavior - it took a little longer to connect (to get the VPN screen) but that really didn't bother me.

I have reset the airave and did a phone restore as well, still no good. My phone is now pretty well useless in my home, I hope apple addresses this issue quickly but it does not seem everyone is having the same issue so it is unlikely!

Also found wifi behaviour better pre iOS 6.0.2. Very frustrating having cheap/unlimited Wifi and being forced to use expensive mobile data because of Apple's problems.

No chnage in wifi for me, but the battery life absolutely sucked! I restored to 6.0.1 today and the battery is back to normal.

Voidths said:
No chnage in wifi for me, but the battery life absolutely sucked! I restored to 6.0.1 today and the battery is back to normal.

How were you able to do that?

I downloaded iPhone5,2_6.0.1_10A525_Restore.ipsw from this site, then in iTunes I did the shift-restore and selected that ipsw file and restored as a new phone. Then installed my apps, photos, music and email accounts.

I downloaded the 6.2 but I done see any difference

One of the articles that I read on this problem believes that it's a problem with the battery life monitor and not actual battery life.

Last night, I left the iPhone on my bureau at 100% and this morning it was at 99%. Of course I didn't believe that. My battery monitor has been somewhat all over the place lately and my belief is that the actual battery life is fine - but there's a reporting bug. It's not a big problem for me as I have an extra cable and can leave it on charge for several hours a day.