What's new

iPhone 5 WiFi issue driving me CRAZY!!!

Elton20

Reaction score
I keep getting slow internet on my wifi for my iphone 5. It works fine for my computer. It's always painfully slow on youtube but its like lightning on LTE. I hate to use LTE because i have a 4GB limited plan for it and I'm already at 3GB but my next reset day isnt even half here yet. heres a pic of my speed directly from 192.168.1.254 to prove its fast. And as you can see I have at&t uverse. I have updated to 6.0.2 because it said it would fix wifi bugs, obviously not. Please help
$Untitled.jpg

also ive changed the DNS servers using namebench

When you updated your iP5 to 6.0.2... did you update and restore from a backup or as a New Device?

I went to settings>general>software update and did it like that

issue might not be the phone itself. i did a search with my wifi issues before. problem lies with the router. depending on what router you have, it limits the speed for a device that doesnt have priority, etc (linksys does this ). ur best bet is find out what router you have and flash a new firmware or a custom one.

I sent posted a pic of the scrnshot of the 19.168.1.254 website. I have a uverse router. I guess it's a gateway by 2wire?

The router most likely is old and out of date and therefore does not support the new technology including new playstaions, Xbox, Android and other devices. I suggest replacing the modem with the latest 600 models from Netgear. As this has resolved many issues over the past 2 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I got my gateway which supplies my dial tone and high speed Internet in November. It' is a 2wire 3800.

I have noticed a WIFI difference on iphone 5 also, i think it allocates more bandwidth for like downloads vs when your on safari. Ex: I go and download a song in iTunes, and it won't start my app download until it is done. However on my iphone 4 it would do both, and surprisingly faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner