What's new

any solution or workarounds for the crappy wifi?

schollianmj

Reaction score
Well I am about ready to lose my mind, up in here, up in here... Oh sorry... Any way, I am about fed up with the crappy WiFi quality in my Iphone. when It was on just plain old 6.0 it was great, fast as all get out, never dropped the signal. Now that I am on 6.1.2 (and 6.1.1) my wifi is ridiculously slow. today I had other issues with my phone and had to restore it so I did a DFU restore and upgraded to 6.1.2. since then my signal bar says I have a good connection to my home wifi, but I cannot do ANYTHING on wifi. internet crawls, cannot download anything from Cydia or the app store. If I turn off wifi and connect through either 3G or 4G it is way better. I can download stuff, surf the web, whatever I want. but once I reconnect to wifi all bets are off.

I have heard it is due to packet loss because of an issue with wpa encryption on my router... I am considering buying a new router, and not encrypting it. just use it for my iphone and only my iphone... I just am not sure how I can keep other people off it...

any ideas?

U can use MAC address listing only allowing devices that u program their MAC address into the router will work.. Also try rebooting ur router... That solves network issues for me 9 times outta 10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD