What's new

Dfu mode driver install?

saintdawson

Reaction score
Ok I have a computer that has all my programs on it and about 3 weeks ago when ever I put my iPod touch in dfu mode it pops up with a message apple dfu mode driver install. I can jailbreak or nothing cause after I go throw the process it's ask me to do it again a few minutes later idk what to do I want to jailbreak my iPod on 5.1.1 untethered.

You're going to have to clear up the question a little because even I'm having a hard time understanding.

You're going to have to clear up the question a little because even I'm having a hard time understanding.
From what I've gathered he's missing a driver for DFU mode... which I'm not sure about. I've never encountered that error. Possibly uninstall iTunes, reboot computer, and reinstall iTunes?

From what I've gathered he's missing a driver for DFU mode... which I'm not sure about. I've never encountered that error. Possibly uninstall iTunes, reboot computer, and reinstall iTunes?

But then what about the rest of the post o_O

When I plug my iPod into computer to jailbreak it but when I was in dfu mode a driver install window pops up and asks me to install the driver but ask me all the time even if I go throw the process. I was jailbroken on ios 5.1.1 jailbroken before and now it asks me to do this. If you need more information just tell what you need I will tell what I know.

It doesn't do it to my iPhone when I put it dfu mode

Here is what it says when I'm in the middle of jailbreaking it on 5.1.1

Attachments

• $image-3890619847.jpg
    $image-3890619847.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 4,321
Unplug your iPhone. Uninstall your USB drivers, reboot your computer and re-try.

Is the problem caused by the computer or my old jailbreak on my iPod cause I'm going to do a system restore on my computer to. I need to know if its my iPod

It's nothing to do with your devices. Rarely will a device influence a PC. Try uninstalling your USB drivers then rebooting your computer before doing something as drastic as restoring your OS.

Ok I will do that I will get back to you once I finish

How do I reinstall the driver? I know how to uninstall but not reinstall

Just reboot your PC. It'll automatically detect the USB ports upon startup and it'll be refreshed.