What's new

Deleting/adding music and apps on 2nd hand iphone 4

green_ram

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just bought a jailbroken iphone 4 (software 4.3.2) but the previous owner has left all his music on.

I want to replace his music for my own but do not know how to do it without risking deleting all the apps or corrupting the jailbrake.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

just hook it up to itunes and sync your own songs and his ones will be removed

yes like unleashed says use iTunes as normal the only thing that would mess up the jailbreak in iTunes it a firmware update or restore

the latest official released firmware is 4.3.3 and there is a jailbreak for that so you can use aptbackup or pgkbackup and back it all up then update to 4.3.3 and re jailbreak and one of those apps will re install everything, unless you meant app store apps then avoid upgrading to 4.3.3

just hook it up to itunes and sync your own songs and his ones will be removed

When I connect the iPhone and check manually manage music and videos in the summary menu, then click apply, the following message appears:

"The iPhone is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?"

" An iPhone can be synced with only one iTunes library at a time. Erasing and syncing replaces the contents of this iPhone with the contents of this iTunes library"

How do I only sync songs and not the apps?

Cheers

Oh I think I see it now. If I select the music tab and click sync music it will leave everything else alone. Is that right?

Thanks for the replies