What's new

iphone 3gs Error 3194 won't go away!

returntrip

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first of all sorry if this isn't the right forum but I thought it would be best.
I recently bought an iphone 3gs second hand. It was locked and not jailbroken so I got it into DFU mode and tried doing a restore with an older firmware - 4.1 so that I can jailbreak it, but every time I try it comes up with 3194 error. I've tried deleting the host file and adding the line to the fake server and restarting, but still the same error, i'm honestly at my wits end, anyone have any advice?

If you have shsh for 5.1.1 i recommend that ios, as is the best so far. To bypass any errors use following:
- download official 5.1.1 ipsw
- download latest redsnow b3 version
- put phone in dfu mode manually( hold home+power button for exact 10sec, then release power and keep holding home for again exact 10 sec)
Run rednsnow, go to the EXTRAS/Even more/Restore ipsw.
Follow instructions on the screen.

Good luck

OK I just tried what you said and here's what happened. When I did the 'restore ipsw' I don't think it restored it correctly, it said waiting for reboot but then just stopped and went back to the main screen. I then tried jailbreaking and it said my device was in pwned DFU mode but wouldn't let me press next. The Iphone wouldn't turn on normally so I had to hold home and power buttons together for about 10 secs to get it to turn on then I had to turn it off again and get back into DFU. The jailbreak went through as normal but then failed with the error: "missing keys.plist data for this build". Any help greatly appreciated.

Ok,use right click on redsnow and run as administrator. You should not enter DFU with redsnow. Do as i wrote, and skip step where it says that its gonna enter dfu. After that it should ask you where are shsh blobs( local, or cydia) and after that its restore process. Its critical to enter dfu as i wrote, any other method will fail.
Repet process of restore

ok I did exactly as you said, manually went to dfu, did the restore ipsw, went very fast again didn't ask about shsh blobs or anything like that, just finished then i went to jailbreak and again it said i had to enter dfu (i.e. i couldn't press next) although it said i was in pwned dfu. I had to hold power and home to turn on again but then I tried going manually to dfu and it still didn't say next, then i tried the automatic way and it just said wrong mode detected, you probably misunderstood the instructions. When i know for a fact I followed them correctly, I've gone into dfu many times. Any ideas because I'm stumped??

ok i've now seen the link for the local or remote shsh I've save shsh with tinyumbrella and started the server but it doesn't detect it? can't i just save them locally?

ok i've got it to save a shsh but when i try and load it is says it's not the shsh for my phone???

Start over. Which SHSH blobs do you have saved. The only ones that you can save are the iOS that you can restore to. To get rid of the 3194 error, open up TinyUmbrella, go to Advanced, then untick "Set Host to Cydia". Make sure iTunes is closed and that the process for iTunes is ended. Then go to the host directory, edit the Host file and remove any Apple IP's and delete the hosts.umbrella file. Make sure your device is in DFU mode. You might need Pwned DFU mode depending on which method you're trying to use.

ok thankyou very much for the help, i was a bit confused about the shsh stuff but it's finally jailbroken, also I installed ultrasnow on it to try and unlock it but it just keeps saying searching and when i look up the carrier in settings it still says vodaphone which is what it was locked to... any ideas?? thanks again for the help guys this has taken me ages.

05.16.07 whatever that means, model mc133b it's 3gs on version 4.1 (8b117) anyway thanks very much if you can help me with this i'm off for the night now...

Problem is that your bb was not saved. It means that you did not say yes when he asked you to reserve bb. Please do this. Is your phone 8 or 16 gb, is it old or new bootrom. You can check online if its ok to raise it to Ipad bb over serial number.
If its ok, then you can upgrade bb to Ipad (6.15.00) then do downgrade to 5.13.04 which can be unlocked with ultrasnow. You have detailed instructions on web.

well i'm 99% sure i pressed yes but nevermind. My phone is 32gb, new bootroom. Thanks for the advice I'll look for the guides