What's new

Delete Downloaded OTA Update

Oscar_D_Grouch

Reaction score
I jailbroke my stepdad's iPhone 4 today which was on 5.0.1, but it had already downloaded the 5.1 update...how do I delete an update that has already downloaded?

Have you updated the iPhone or just downloaded the update?

The update just auto downloaded, it is not installed.

I would not worry about it. As long as you refuse the update when prompted for it you will not update.

Well, it's not my phone, it's my stepdad's and I have told him not to update repeatedly but...this is also the guy who I had to, on more than one occasion, explain the difference between the URL and search fields on Firefox. lol

Well, it's not my phone, it's my stepdad's and I have told him not to update repeatedly but...this is also the guy who I had to, on more than one occasion, explain the difference between the URL and search fields on Firefox. lol

What are you doing jail breaking his phone....

Oscar_D_Grouch said:
He wants to be able to have themes.

LOL tell him to get an Android then ;)

Sent from my  iPhone 4 using iPF.net App available in the App Store

Oscar, search Cydia using the word "update". There's a tweak that will prevent the download, There may be one that prevents the installation, or even clears the download out completely.

Yeah, though I don't know if it'll help once you've already downloaded the update, but the [free] tweak on Cydia is called "No Update." It worked well for me, BUT - I did not have the update to 5.1 installed before I got the tweak.

Maybe you can get the developer's contact info and ask him/her if it will help in this case? Regardless, good luck (from a fellow "family IT person who's scared of what they'd do").

Marilyn