What's new

Dead battery screen after screen replacement

carton_30643

Reaction score
Hey. Like the title states after receiving a white iPhone 4s in pieces. I had the pleasure of reassembling the phone. I installed the new screen/digitizer and I had the dead battery screen. Well I thought it just had a dead battery from sitting taken apart. So I charge the phone overnight. Well the next day I check the phone and it was only charged to around 68%. So I took it off the charger and let it sit for the day well when I returned home it was completely dead again. So since then I've had no luck with keeping a charged. And a side note. The phone gets really hot also. Anyone have any insight into this situation? I've also had this same issue with a 3G before and replaced the battery in it and still did the same dead battery situation. Thanks in advance!!!!

After doing some research I've found that I'm not getting a charge to the battery. But yet my phone says that it is charging. Could it be a bad dock connecter? Or something else?

I was able to check the log diagnostic on the phone and I'm receiving this: Baseband crash = Exiting low power. Does anyone know what this means?!

I do believe it means not enough power to load the ios so it will shut down.

You either have a charging issue or a battery issue, from what you been posting.

Now is it a hardware issue?
It seems like it maybe the issue or battery.

You can buy a new battery online to try.

Last edited:
After looking at the phone again. I've found that it has a bad antenna. So I'll be replacing it today to see if that'll help the crash.

If the battery was fine before, and only started acting like this after replacing the screen............Isn't there only one or 2 conclusions?.

The connectors?

It came to him in pieces and he replaced the broken screen and went to turn it on and got the dead battery error.

So that would mean there is more to the phones damaged screen, it could be damaged internal part or battery is done or fried due to damage in the first place.

Now he has noticed a damaged attenna, hmm was this phone ever dropped lol or ran over lol.

If it were me i would of tosses it out after seeing the screen and attenna and battery issues, sometimes
its just not worth trying to fix it, but thats just me.

Yeah, man...you could alway sell it to places that but iPhones. They will take it for parts.

Replaced antenna and still no luck. So it's going back to Apple. It is a motherboard issue.