What's new

Daylight Savings Clock Bug Hitting Some iPhones in US

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
daylight_savings_bug.JPG

9to5 Mac has got wind of a possible daylight savings time bug that has been reported by some iPhone users in the US, where the clocks just went forward an hour today in some, but not all states. According to 9to5 Mac, some phones either went an hour ahead, or an hour behind, getting their daylight savings time wires crossed! Scott Buscemi, the writer of the 9to5 Mac report, says that he is in Arizona, which doesn’t observe DST, yet his iPhone clock went back an hour last night. He writes that other iPhone owners also in Arizona found that their iPhone clocks actually went forward last night, when they should have just stayed the same. Apparently a Canadian 9to5 Mac reader reported that his iPhone’s clock went an hour ahead at 2 AM, then an hour back at 11 AM. 9to5 Mac suggests that a temporary fix for the problem might be to manually set the time zone via Settings>General>Date & Time.

Anyone else out there experiencing strange DST behaviour from their iPhone clocks?

Source: iPhone clocks experiencing issues? | 9 to 5 Mac iPhone clocks experiencing issues? | Apple Intelligence

There's been a couple threads on here about it all ready. Apple really aren't having much luck with the clock and alarms...

had an alarm problem for 3 days now. when i set a normal 1 time alarm its fine, but when i set up a multiple day alarm ( weekdays at 5:15am), it would ring everyday at 4:15am. its annoying. i tried to use both auto time setting and manual set, and nothing seems to be working. this is annoying. anyone have any ideas?

^ Experiencing same issue as posted above. Multiple day alarms are off by an hour. BS.