What's new

iPhone Alarm Glitch Gives UK Owners Extra Hour in Bed

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone-alarm-glitch.jpg

Thousands of iPhone users in the UK who rely on their iPhone’s alarm to wake them up got an unintentional extra hour in bed when the clocks went back one hour in the UK this weekend. According to the Telegraph newspaper, a bug in the iPhone’s clock meant that although the iPhone automatically adjusted to the ending of Daylight Savings, and went back one hour, a fault in the software meant that the alarm didn’t synchronise at the same time, so any users that had set their alarm were woken up an hour too late.

The Telegraph reports that many iPhone users then took to the social networks to grumble about the glitch. Apparently Apple first acknowledged the bug when Australian clocks were put forward at the start of October. Users are now being told to delete all their current alarms and set new ones to beat the tardy bug.

Source: Daily Telegraph

It started in Australia last month when we switched to daylight saving. Unfortunately Apple has not provided the fix yet. It is so I am led to believe part of next upgrade so there is a very good chance USA will also have same issue as it may not be out in time.

This isn't just happening in the U.K.
I live in Missouri (CST) and my alarm has been going off an hour early for the past couple days.

Removing and re adding the alarm doesn't work - mine still goes off an hour late

best thing to do for now is set it for an hour earlier then what you want.. :/