What's new

Cydia wont work??

jwerner15

Reaction score
Ok whenever I open cydia it reloads the database and has three errors. Does anyone know why this might happen? Now I can't acces anything in cydia.

Attachments

• $image-266611513.jpg
    $image-266611513.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 943
I cant make out what the error messages say but usually it says something is not working so you just uninstall that app or install something that it wants you to.

That opens as soon as I open cydia and the problem is I can't access anything even manage my tweaks

I cant make out what the error messages say if you could type them out or zoom in on the screen shot please

Sorry can u see them now?

Attachments

• $image-1199934500.jpg
    $image-1199934500.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 992
Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock- open (35: resource temporarily unavailable )
Unable to lock the administration directory (var/lib/dpkg/) is another process using it?

And the last one is this sorry it wouldn't let me put it all in the last one
Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-open ( 35: resource temporarily unavailable ).

These are exactly what they say.

i have had the same problem for over a week from what i can tell the file usr/bin/dpkg is the main problem what idk but when i remove the file and keep a backup i can get in to cydia however i cant dl anything i have searched every place and every term i can think of and re jb'ing is not a option for me if anyone can lend a hand i would really love it so i can get back to posting new apps

ty

OK, your lock file has become, well, locked... SSH to var/lib/dpkg and delete the lock files you can see in there (only the files with lock in their title mind!) Then try Cydia again and you should be good to go...

i would just like to say that you are a god sir however it did work but idk how long this will last i was able to do my updates and then it locked again removed the file again and it worked but i really dont want to have to do this every time what could have caused this in the first place