What's new

Cydia not working after jailbreak

jermstars20

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an iphone 4 on 5.0 and 4.11.08 baseband. I just recently jailbroke my phone and everything went well except for Cydia. I used redsn0w 0.9.9b8, selected the ipsw for 5.0, jailbroke, and then boot tethered. The rest of my apps and programs work except that Cydia opens and then immediately closes. I have tried to re-jailbreak many many times, on different versions of redsn0w but still the same result. I also ran as administrator, if that has any importance. Any suggestions?

Thanks

except that I did boot tethered. Unless I didn't do it right? After the jailbreak, I went to extras, clicked on "just boot," etc.
I mean, if I didn't boot tethered/do it correctly, wouldn't safari and other apps/programs not be able to work? Everything on my iphone works except Cydia, which I cannot open.

You have to select the 5.0 IPSW again before booting tethered. If it still doesnt work you will have to restore and rejailbreak.

sorry to ask a question you've probably heard a million times, but how do I restore? Does that mean going to the 5.0.1 or do I just go to itunes (in dfu mode) and shift + restore and select the 5.0 ipsw?

You can dump your iOS5.0 SHSH with iFaith if you want to restore 5.0, but you might as well just restore and update to 5.0.1.