What's new

cydia- how to do everything =)

coldkilla

Reaction score
hi i just jailbroke my iphone on 4.1 baseband 2.10.14 and i want to know basically how do use cydia, how do i get new themes and backgrounds.. do i have to download something called winterboard or spingboard or something? where are the games located in cydia, i saw an app called My3G or something like that and it allows u use trick the phone thinking it is on 3G, on my phone i have no data and i only use wifi, so can i still use the app? or no...

Most is trial and error.... As far as the 3G goes that app is to run apps that don't usually run unless you have wifi....not get free 3G....

danny, can u tell me how to download themes atleast.. do i have to download winterbaord or something or just download the themes right off cydia, and how do i put it to use

Download winterboard first, then download the themes you want. You can then pick and choose which ones you want in the winterboard menu found in your iphones settings menu.

You can put one theme on top of another on the list in winterboard to choose which theme has priority. For example you can have one complete theme that you really like apart from the menu icons. You can then download a menu icon theme an place that above you current theme so you have the best of both...

Last edited:
ye i fouind out already lol, can u send me some websites that i can refer to to see the theme than i can just search it ont he phone, because it takes alot of time tryign to tfind one since u have to click into them. Im basically trying to look for a blackish gunmetal theme or a black and dark blusih starry theme..reccomend me what u use

I only use lockscreen themes. Currently I'm using SublimeLockHD which I've modified slightly...

7ea52646.jpg

Can you help me? I cannot seem to download bootlogos and use them with winterboard. What do I need for this to work?

Can you help me? I cannot seem to download bootlogos and use them with winterboard. What do I need for this to work?

either install it while you jailbreak with redsn0w or download animate in cydia... i am not sure if it will work just by downloading it in cydia though.. but you can go through the process of redsn0w and just install the animate app and nothing else... then there is a boot logo folder in cydia you can find some pretty sweet ones

What about getting any of these themes to work as far as the keyboard and dial pad and also sms. These themes say they will change everything and that they are complete but when I download them and I check them in winter board they still don't show up on my phone. Please help me!!!!!

Reboot or respring your phone. Make sure when you check them drag the right side and move them up on your list. So when you open up winterboard they should have check marks from the top down. Re arrange the order using the tab button on the right side. Just hold and drag it.

G-Weezy said:
Reboot or respring your phone. Make sure when you check them drag the right side and move them up on your list. So when you open up winterboard they should have check marks from the top down. Re arrange the order using the tab button on the right side. Just hold and drag it.

I tried that. It still won't change my keyboard or dial pad. It changes everything else. I don't get it. I downloaded just a keyboard style and checked it and also moved it up to the top of the list and nothing... Also resrung

I think a lot of verzion users have the same problems with keyboard and dial pad themes...

G-Weezy said:
IF you downladed a keyboard did you make sure you have color keyboard installed? I'm not sure but does your theme come with a new keyboard? What theme is it? I can try to check it out on iSpirit.

I will have to purchase color keyboard. I tried killsigncarbonpink. When I set it in winterboard the lock screen, keyboard, dial pad and SMS doesn't work!

I checked out your theme and it is a complete theme. Do you have any other themes or keyboards you downloaded in the past? How about a lockscreen theme? If you have try un checking those and just check all that comes with the theme. If your having problems you can contact them through Cydia. Just scroll down to contact and write them a email.