What's new

Cydia crashing on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

napster100

Reaction score
Hi guys, I suppose I am a noob at iPhone hacking/jailbreaking etc... But about 1 month ago I managed to successfully jailbreak my iPhone 3GS 8GB IOS 6.1.2 with Evasi0n, and as its my first iPhone I havent had an previous experience with Apple products etc...

All was going well till about a week ago and it started to become really slow, so I thought I'd might have had too many tweeks installed and removed afew, I'm not sure if I removed a default tweek though because after cydia started to pop-up errors about the 'Big Boss' repo, I tried numerous things to sort it out like reboots and readding the repo but no success, and then I found I was unable to install some tweeks and update others, some said 'Depend on App List 1.5' or something like that, definitely to do with App List. So today I though I would try and reinstall cydia useing this guide ---->
HTML:
http://en.kioskea.net/faq/10925-how-to-reinstall-update-cydia-without-re-jailbreak
and after I did that cydia now dosen't open at all, just crashes straight away.

I would like to know how I could fix this, I would like to keep my full untethered jailbreak as I dont have time to boot up my laptop every day.
If helps I have created back-ups and synced almost daily (apart from today as I dont want to overwrite the previous back-up), I don't know if I can restore from itunes but I thought I'd better seek advice first from here because I dont want to force update to 6.1.3 (if thats possible on 3GS), because theres no untethered jailbreak as far as I'm aware.

Just a little added info, I read that I would need SSH blobs or something to restore jailbreak, I dont know if I do but I never had any/dont have any, I do have openSSH installed though if that helps...

Many thanks to all here, you will save my iPhone.... I hope :)

If you followed the guide to the dot, then you just installed an old copy of Cydia. The latest is 1.1.8, you just re-installed 1.0.33.

You NEVER delete tweaks you "think" can save you space. From what you've said, you've obviously uninstalled AppList which is a common dependency for many tweaks, which started causing you problems. The next mistake was following a guide on installing an outdated version of Cydia that is more than likely not even remotely close to supporting iOS 5, let alone iOS 6.

Backups have nothing to do with the ability to stay on iOS 6.1.2. SHSH blobs and APTickets do. Assuming you didn't uninstall the Cydia Installer core package, download iFunBox on your computer, run it, connect your iPhone, expand the device's tree under the "Classic iFunBox" tab on the top left of the screen, scroll down to Cydia App Installer, drag and drop this package inside that directory, and reboot your device.

If you followed the guide to the dot, then you just installed an old copy of Cydia. The latest is 1.1.8, you just re-installed 1.0.33.

You NEVER delete tweaks you "think" can save you space. From what you've said, you've obviously uninstalled AppList which is a common dependency for many tweaks, which started causing you problems. The next mistake was following a guide on installing an outdated version of Cydia that is more than likely not even remotely close to supporting iOS 5, let alone iOS 6.

Backups have nothing to do with the ability to stay on iOS 6.1.2. SHSH blobs and APTickets do. Assuming you didn't uninstall the Cydia Installer core package, download iFunBox on your computer, run it, connect your iPhone, expand the device's tree under the "Classic iFunBox" tab on the top left of the screen, scroll down to Cydia App Installer, drag and drop this package inside that directory, and reboot your device.

Thank you ever so much, I shall give that ago in a little bit. Shall report back here when I've done it.
Kind regards.

Thanks, Cydia is now loading up but I get my original errors, I took a screen shot. I hope you can solve this one :)

Many kind regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
The BigBoss repo can only be re-installed via the package method in the "More Sources" tab on the front page of Cydia. And we do not condone/encourage/tolerate piracy of any kind, which is more than likely the reason your device was running slow in the first place. You will receive no help on any of our forums on pirated devices. Pirating is stealing, and stealing is illegal. If you don't pirate, your device won't have problems.

That said, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.