What's new

Couple questions from a new user!

jws86

Reaction score
Just swapped my s3 for a 32gb 4s today. The orignal user of this 4s left his contacts in the phone. Instead of deleting them one by one is there a way to get rid of them all at once because he has quite a few in here? I have my contacts backed up through my google account from my s3. Once I get his deleted how do I get google contacts of mine to the 4s? Thanks!

Best bet is a clean restore and start fresh. If its not jailbroken go to settings>general>reset>erase all content and settings. Then just set it up like a brand new phone.

I would recommend setting up a new iTunes account and doing a full restore.....through iTunes setup your Google account as a default for your contacts....back up all your contacts onto your "clean" iPhone....

I actually used icloud for my contacts? Would you guys not recommend this?

If you set up all your contacts thru iCloud then it's very easy to get them to the phone. Just toggle them on in settings. Word of advise, only have 1 service (gmail, yahoo, icloud, etc) managing your contacts or things can get funky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I knew from using android before having to many different things syncing your contacts can make a mess! Thanks for the input! Phone is jailbroken now and I'm youtubing some good tweaks to get on there. Loving my experience so far!

Theres a great thread in the jailbreak section about favorite tweaks. Its long but so many awesome things in there.