What's new

newbie to the iPhone with SEVERAL questions :) TIA

bcrtj457

Reaction score
1. how do i save pictures of facebook to my phone?

2. my "push" notifications for my email aren't coming thru. I have my email accounts set to push, and it seems that until i go to the mail app and push the refresh button i won't get any of my new emails?

3. coming from android, i used my google calenders a lot.
i have a bunch of calenders set up from my google account, altho the only one that synced up with my "calenders" app on my iPhone is my [email protected] calender instead of my "work" calender or "kids appointments" callenders within the same google account?

4. i had verizon transfer my google contacts from my android phone to my iphone. NONE of my address came thru. only my phone numbers and email addresses? is there a way to get to my "contacts" on the computer instead of typing all this information into my iPhone?

5. when sending a text, i get this really irriating sound as it sends. same with emails. can i turn these offf?

6. going to "Photos" app, is there a way to rotate photoes after they've been taken?

7. easy way to get ringtones that i make only my phone? or is there a way to purchase ringtones?
i saw an instruction thread on here, but i am not seeing a "ringtone" spot once my phone is plugged into iTunes and syncing?

2. my "push" notifications for my email aren't coming thru. I have my email accounts set to push, and it seems that until i go to the mail app and push the refresh button i won't get any of my new emails?

i have a bunch of calenders set up from my google account, altho the only one that synced up with my "calenders" app on my iPhone is my [email protected] calender instead of my "work" calender or "kids appointments" callenders within the same google account?

4. i had verizon transfer my google contacts from my android phone to my iphone. NONE of my address came thru. only my phone numbers and email addresses? is there a way to get to my "contacts" on the computer instead of typing all this information into my iPhone?

5. when sending a text, i get this really irriating sound as it sends. same with emails. can i turn these offf?

6. going to "Photos" app, is there a way to rotate photoes after they've been taken?

7. easy way to get ringtones that i make only my phone? or is there a way to purchase ringtones?
i saw an instruction thread on here, but i am not seeing a "ringtone" spot once my phone is plugged into iTunes and syncing?

hi there... i can answer a few of your questions and im sure some one else will answer the rest..

if you download a browser from the app store such as atomic-web, when you press and hold on the picture it gives you the option to save it.

in the mail settings you can set it all to sync and when you sync with itunes so will your calendars.

if you have them saved on your sim you can select an option on your iphone and import all your sim contacts to your new device

easily done. settings > sounds and disable the ones you dont like.

yes but i dont know about saving them rotated, what i do is do it the long way by doing it on my mac then back to the phone.. in ios 5 we have the ability to sync with no wire so that will make things easier

you can either purchase them from the itunes app which btw i refuse to pay for a ringtone or sms tone i think thats stupid but tones of extra cash for apple so i see why they try..

let me take a few screen shots so you see the ringtone tabs < will add them later >