What's new

Couple of questions:

djqwikcut

Reaction score
I am thinking of switching from the EVO 4G to the Iphone 4S.. but have some questions I hope someone can answer:

1. Is ther SWYPE for the iphone?? I saw an unofficial beta and and tested it on my Ipod but it doesnt work too well and most words dont come out right

2. is there a UN-TETHERED JAILBREAK for the iphone 4S

3. is there a car mount for the iphone 4S??

Thanks...

I am thinking of switching from the EVO 4G to the Iphone 4S.. but have some questions I hope someone can answer:

1. Is ther SWYPE for the iphone?? I saw an unofficial beta and and tested it on my Ipod but it doesnt work too well and most words dont come out right
Should be

Not as of yet but should be in furture

Thanks...
:0) ...............

Can you point me to the car nount that also includes charging and lets you put yout phone like this ------ not |

I dont see a swype except the beta which is horrible... Im running it on the IPOD

The untethered jailbreak is what is holding me from getting it...

Can you point me to the car nount that also includes charging and lets you put yout phone like this ------ not |

I dont see a swype except the beta which is horrible... Im running it on the IPOD

The untethered jailbreak is what is holding me from getting it...

Well you need to keep in mind that the iphone 4s is new. And is same size as all the rest. There is good car holders lol seems its just a iphone 4 but better. As for jb Dev team are working on it how long unknown.

Well you need to keep in mind that the iphone 4s is new. And is same size as all the rest. There is good car holders lol seems its just a iphone 4 but better. As for jb Dev team are working on it how long unknown.

YEs I know and I have been searching for the mount.. I see the universal ones but thats not what I want.. I want one that has the DOCK connector and will charge while in the mount.

YEs I know and I have been searching for the mount.. I see the universal ones but thats not what I want.. I want one that has the DOCK connector and will charge while in the mount.

They mite be one unsure i have seen some what you plug into the car's lighter socket so im guessing yes.

They mite be one unsure i have seen some what you plug into the car's lighter socket so im guessing yes.

actually I have seen those too. That is not what I am looking for.. I need one that sits on the dash of the car and you plug a cable from the car dock to the sig. lighter... If you know of one, let me know

Thanks...

1) No. And there never will be unless you jailbreak.

2) No.

3) Yes. Anything that works for the current iPhone 4 CDMA will work with the 4S. Anything that works with the iPhone 4 GSM that doesn't involve the mute switch will also work with the 4S.

1) No. And there never will be unless you jailbreak.

2) No.

3) Yes. Anything that works for the current iPhone 4 CDMA will work with the 4S. Anything that works with the iPhone 4 GSM that doesn't involve the mute switch will also work with the 4S.

I am playing with the unofficial swype beta..... it stinks and I hope there is a better version.. is there anything else?

also when you say NO to the untethered jail break.. do you mean there is not currently? I assume there will be?

and by car mount I mean a mount I can put on my dash, plug in a cable from the mount to the cig lighter and use the phone for GPS in the car and also with my bluetooth in the car..

I am playing with the unofficial swype beta..... it stinks and I hope there is a better version.. is there anything else?

also when you say NO to the untethered jail break.. do you mean there is not currently? I assume there will be?

and by car mount I mean a mount I can put on my dash, plug in a cable from the mount to the cig lighter and use the phone for GPS in the car and also with my bluetooth in the car..

No.

Correct.

That is very doable with the current iPhone 4 accessories on the market.

No.

Correct.

That is very doable with the current iPhone 4 accessories on the market.

Thanks for the quick replies.. can you maybe point me to one similar to what I use on my EVO?
$aug252010sprinthtcevo4gcarkit.jpg
this one has the the charging port in the mount and I just keep a car cord connected.. I have looked everywhere for one for the iphone... nothing. just universal mounts or ones that plug in the cig lighter.. but not like this...

Thanks for the quick replies.. can you maybe point me to one similar to what I use on my EVO?
View attachment 2604
this one has the the charging port in the mount and I just keep a car cord connected.. I have looked everywhere for one for the iphone... nothing. just universal mounts or ones that plug in the cig lighter.. but not like this...

Might want to look at these two.

http://www.amazon.com/DEXIM-Audio-C...TLQE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318347373&sr=8-1

Amazon.com: Magellan Premium Car Kit for iPhone and iPod touch: MP3 Players & Accessories

I would love a window or dash mount...but this being my first iPhone and after hearing a few horror stories of how easily it is to break the glass front screen. I do not want the phone to fall off the window if it gets too cold out or going over a bump to hard, and having my very expensive new phone destroyed. So I think I'm going to have to go with the CD mount or the car charger mount.

BUT OH HOW I'D LOVE the window mount...so it'd be nice and shiny up where I could see it.