What's new

I'm a happy camper

ardchoille

Reaction score
I signed up with Verizon yesterday and purchased a new iPhone 4S, I was able to get a data-only plan (no voice since I'm hearing impaired).

The screen is beautiful, seriously.. I could sit and stare at this thing all day. Scrolling is super smooth and I love the double-press button feature.

Battery life. I bought my iPhone 4S around 5 yesterday afternoon, took it home and fully charged it. At 11 o'clock last night I had been using the phone, downloading apps, surfing the web, checking email, etc. (heavy use) and the battery was at 66%. Not bad after almost 6 hours of what I've put it through. And this is a new phone, these batteries get better over time.

What surprised me the most was the network speed between Verizon and Sprint. I own an Evo 4G (phone) and an Evo View 4G (tablet), both on Sprint's WiMax network. I used the speed test app to test all three devices and found that the iPhone 4S on Verizon's 3G network was faster than the Sprint devices on sprint's WiMax network. I performed three test on all three devices. Verizon's 3G network is faster than Sprint's WiMax network?!

Now I need to dust off my C/C++ skills and start writing iOS apps. I'm highly impressed with the iPhone 4S and can't wait to see what the iPhone 5 brings. Thanks, Apple :)