What's new

Couple Jailbreak Questions

Nickz28ss

Reaction score
Ive had iPhones from a while but never jailbroken one. I get how to do it and all, but after its jailbroken do you loss all your stuff you've downloaded or bought off iTunes? Or does it leave everything and add cydia? Afterwords, do you have Cydia and the iTunes app store to go through or what?

Depends on jailbreak. Redsn0w will just patch things and you'll have your phone the way you had it plus Cydia icon. Sn0wbreeze does a complete restore and you'd have to reinstall everything.

You never loose your App Store stuff, just connect your phone to iTunes and it restores.

bab2010 said:
Any good reason to not use redsnow?

Well over time redsnow have had alot of problems for example safari wont open
Also it crashes alot i had it for my iphone 3gs and i hated it it was slow and always rebooted by its self

Anyway its your choice

Alright man. Thanks for the feedback. And greenpoison is working well to jailbreak the latest iOS and with no no no bug at all? or just minims bugs?

Theres no bugs in any of the untethered jailbreaks at the moment. Those bugs are always taken care of.

Which is the best to use? I recently had my hard drive die and didn't have any external's for back-ups. So, I haven't synced all my info like contacts or such because iTunes say's it'll replace my phone contacts with my computer ones...problem is I don't use anything other than my phone to store all my contacts. Is there a good jailbreak program that will not erase all or any of my data? Also, is there a free way to pull of of my phone's info off of it with out the threat of iTunes deleting it all?

Thanks, and any extra info will be appreciated! I'm really new to the jail breaking community.