What's new

Could Apple Be Announcing the next iPhone on September 7?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_launch.JPG

MacRumors has a story today from Japanese site Kodawarisan that says that according to their sources, Apple is planning to hold its fall media event on September 7. As MacRumors notes, over the past three years, Apple has usually held some sort of event in the first part of September, announcing the new iPod touch, iPod nano and iPod shuffle on September 1 last year, for example. With the next iPhone due to arrive in shops sometime this October, if the most recent rumours are to be believed, then it would seem likely that Apple would be announcing it sometime in September, so if they are having a media event on September 7, it would make sound sense for Apple to make the announcement then. According to MacRumors, Kodawarisan is a longstanding Japanese Apple site, and has previously correctly predicted the launch of a new Mac Mini, back in 2009. As ever, watch this space!

Source: Apple to Hold Media Event on September 7th, 2011? - Mac Rumors

I don't care about the phone. Can I get iOS 5, oh how does next week sound? Lol.

don't think so. I'd go for October. In September maybe new iPod touches ... who knows.

I hope the JB will come one week after public release of IOS5 :p

iCrank said:
That's my mindset too

Well that mindset would be appropriate since Apple changed the iPhone timeline this year! Why not release a new firmware before they release the new iPhone hardware! Lol.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

iCrank said:
That's my mindset too

Well that mindset would be appropriate since Apple changed the iPhone timeline this year! Why not release a new firmware before they release the new iPhone hardware! Lol.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

Agree!! However people will be begging for the iPhone 5 once it is announced due to the hardware upgrades