What's new

No, Apple isn’t Announcing the iPhone 5 on September 7!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_case_design.JPG

Yesterday a new rumour from Japanese website Kodawarisan emerged saying that Apple would be holding a special media event on September 7, during which it might possibly be unveiling the iPhone 5. No sooner had this rumour hit the Net, then a whole host of Apple commentators moved swiftly to debunk it. These included such heavyweights as Jim Dalrymple at the Loop, and Kara Swisher at All Things D. Both Swisher and Dalrymple insist that the rumour is wrong, and that their sources have reiterated to them that Apple will not be unveiling the next iPhone until October. Swisher even shows us a nice picture of the cover to U2’s October cd, as well as a video of the song, just to ram the point home! In his post on the matter, Dalrymple says that his sources have still yet to confirm whether or not the new phone, when it is finally announced, will be a minor upgrade of the iPhone 4, or a full-on iPhone 5 with a complete re-design. However, Swisher reiterates an earlier ATD report that says that the next iPhone will be an iPhone 5, and that it will be fitted with an A5 chip, a Qualcomm dual mode GSM/CDMA baseband, and an 8-megapixel rear camera.

Source: Repeat After Me: Apple iPhone 5 to Launch in October - Kara Swisher - Mobile - AllThingsD
Apple will not hold iPhone 5 event on Sept. 7

Phew..... so I won't have to camp out for 24-48hrs in line for the phone just yet.

No,I wouldn't do that IRL. tee hee

VTR said:
Phew..... so I won't have to camp out for 24-48hrs in line for the phone just yet.

No,I wouldn't do that IRL. tee hee

Lol. What does irl mean

darkstar2007 said:
In real life :D

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

Ok...thanks. I need to download the urban dictionary. Lol.

iCrank said:
Ok...thanks. I need to download the urban dictionary. Lol.

Lol. I have to refer to it every now and then myself. :)

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff