What's new

copy contacts from iphone6s to iphone 5s

juniorhashim

Reaction score
i need assistance in copying my contacts from an ip[hone6s to an iphone 5s -
the iphone6s is backed up daily to icloud

Set up the same email accounts on your iPhone 5s, and you’ll find your contacts there as well.

iCloud does not backup contacts, if they are already stored in your iCloud account.

Set up the same email accounts on your iPhone 5s, and you’ll find your contacts there as well.

iCloud does not backup contacts, if they are already stored in your iCloud account.
many thanks - will try at the weekend

You’re welcome.
when i check icloud it indicates that the backups have been done, but when i try to restore it says "no archive" - have i got the concept right? -
also i thought that once backed up i would be able to see the icloud contacts when i select icloud -
please guide me to a link that will explain the concepts to me

I don’t think there’s a link that explains iCloud completely.

To make sure there’s a most recent backup, go to Settings - tap your information, go to iCloud - iCloud Backup - "Back Up Now". Right below that, you should see the time of the last backup. To backup manually, tap "Back Up Now".

To get your contacts to a new iPhone, you don’t need a backup.
Just set up the email address which stores your contacts on your other device, enable Contacts, and they will be synced to the iPhone.
When you activate an iPhone, it will ask you to login to your iCloud account. When you’ve done this, go to Settings - Mail - Accounts, select your iCloud account, and make sure Contacts is enabled.
To set up an email account other than iCloud, go to Settings - Mail - Accounts - Add Account, and set up the email account.

I don’t think there’s a link that explains iCloud completely.

To make sure there’s a most recent backup, go to Settings - tap your information, go to iCloud - iCloud Backup - "Back Up Now". Right below that, you should see the time of the last backup. To backup manually, tap "Back Up Now".

To get your contacts to a new iPhone, you don’t need a backup.
Just set up the email address which stores your contacts on your other device, enable Contacts, and they will be synced to the iPhone.
When you activate an iPhone, it will ask you to login to your iCloud account. When you’ve done this, go to Settings - Mail - Accounts, select your iCloud account, and make sure Contacts is enabled.
To set up an email account other than iCloud, go to Settings - Mail - Accounts - Add Account, and set up the email account.
many thanks - i will try it at the weekend

If you can't get it done through iCloud. Try this app. Fotoswipe. Hope you get it resolved.
IMG_1069.JPG

I use SA Contact application on my ipad mini & iphone

6S Plus to transfer the contacts.

This application is very simple & easy to use,

You can also transfer contacts to PC,MAC, ANDROID

may be helpful to you

I am new to forum but last two years i read the posts

Many Many Thanks to all of you for the informative

Mgirish

i resolved it using copy trans
1. copy iphone6s contacts to outlook
2. copy outlook contacts to iphone5s
i am still having problems viewing icloud contacts as i don't think i fully understand the concept of icloud - no problem as i have all the time in the world

Email accounts backup contacts well. I prefer gmail. Also this doesn't tie you into OS specific. ie. IOS.