What's new

Is there a way to put your home movies on iPhone6

digitalcuriosity

Reaction score
I was trying to put one of my own movies on my iPhone6,but can't seem to get it moved.
Even tried putting it on iCloud then copying it to phone but nothing happens when I try pasting it.

Thanks for any help.

Did you also try using iTunes to transfer them to your device?

Make sure they have the right technical specifications:
  • video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
  • MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
(Apple Support)

Otherwise they won't be synced to your iPhone.

It also should be possible to use software other than iTunes to get them to your device.

• video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
  • MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
(Apple Support)

It also should be possible to use software other than iTunes to get them to your device.

(Apple Support)

Thank you J.A. using ITunes what item i needed I had tried it before, but did not understand what I needed to do with it.
Finding my iPhone6 and dragging an iPad size movie to the sync window, was what I had to understand doing.
Apple does not make things simple as with Adroid phone where i just copyed and pasted them into my phone.
I understand that with iSO9 we will also beable to just copy and paste our movies,is this correct?
Again I really thank you for the help.
D.C.

(Apple Support)

J.A. A little more help please. I tried to copy a picture using ITunes same as with the movie. But in pictures I just can't seem to get the picture file into the window to sync it. Even putting the file in iCloud does not get it found or synced.
ITunes does not seem to work the same with a picture file as with the videos. Am I missing some item?
D.C.

To sync the images to your iPhone via iTunes, follow the directions in this link:
Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

It's also possible to use online storage on both devices (computer, iPhone), and get the photo to your iDevice that way.

Thank you again that was very helpful,again Apple does not make it very easy,i see i must make a folder for a single picture file to get it on iPhone.

I would like to sycn DropBox to my iPhone but have not been able to get it connected.

You're welcome.

All you have to do is install the Dropbox app on your iPhone, then sign in on your iDevice. Load the images to Dropbox on your computer, then they'll appear in Dropbox on your iPhone too.

You're welcome.

All you have to do is install the Dropbox app on your iPhone, then sign in on your iDevice. Load the images to Dropbox on your computer, then they'll appear in Dropbox on your iPhone too.
I have dropbox on my iPhone,where is this iDevice on phone or dropbox?

It took a little looking but i found the settings for dropbox on my iPhone . iTunes still makes you use a folder to transfer pictures won't just let you pick a picture file. So I made a folder called it Transfer Folder on my dropbox,and just put the pictures in it on dropbox.
Then after transferring the file I delete the picture file from the folder, and put another file in it to transfer the new file. Just seems like a lot of extra work Apple is forcing me to do. It does work so i guess for now it's the best one can do.
Thanks again for your help.

It took a little looking but i found the settings for dropbox on my iPhone . iTunes still makes you use a folder to transfer pictures won't just let you pick a picture file. So I made a folder called it Transfer Folder on my dropbox,and just put the pictures in it on dropbox.
Then after transferring the file I delete the picture file from the folder, and put another file in it to transfer the new file. Just seems like a lot of extra work Apple is forcing me to do. It does work so i guess for now it's the best one can do.
Thanks again for your help.
This really sounds more complicated than it should be. If you use Dropbox, just get the images into Dropbox on your computer. They'll be synced to the app on your iPhone automatically.

I'm glad I could help you.

This really sounds more complicated than it should be. If you use Dropbox, just get the images into Dropbox on your computer. They'll be synced to the app on your iPhone automatically.

I'm glad I could help you.
Do you mean when I put a picture or movie in dropbox it will just be synced to my phone and transferred?

Do you mean when I put a picture or movie in dropbox it will just be synced to my phone and transferred?
You'll be able to see them in the Dropbox app on your iPhone. It's also possible to get photos to the Photos app from there.

I don't know if you can import videos to the iPhone, though.

You'll be able to see them in the Dropbox app on your iPhone. It's also possible to get photos to the Photos app from there.

I don't know if you can import videos to the iPhone, though.
Picture files yes videos I have not had any luck getting them from dropbox to phone. Now I have not been able to get iTunes to to find a single video file,it keeps giving me choices of All or recent or other.
Would to get back where I was able to move the videos a while ago.