What's new

Cool tweeks or anything

And I think there are 2 different packages.

One is called iSwipe and the other called iSwype.lol

I always felt BiteSMS was buggy and made my system lag. The other reason I got rid of it was because whenever you tap on the compose bubble from any open app page (where it launched the bubble upon receipt of a text) - when the text bubble you're working on arrives over in the BiteSMS app itself it erases everything you've typed up to that point. I loved the way it looked and what it could do - but BiteSMS seemed "not ready for prime time" yet. Too many bugs.

pianoman said:
I always felt BiteSMS was buggy and made my system lag. The other reason I got rid of it was because whenever you tap on it from any lien page where it launched the bubble - when it arrives over in the app itself it erases everything you've typed up to that point. I loved the way it looked and what it could do - but BiteSMS seemed "not ready for prime time" yet. Too many bugs.

I know exactly what you mean.

Bite had those problems in 2 versions.

It's all fixed now. Works flawlessly. The app launches smoothly, quick compose launches faster...anything I type into QC that I don't send always is there when I reopen QC again.

Ever since about 2 betas ago it has been working great..the built in theming support is amazing.

The tweak actually comes with 5 themes. No WinterBoard dependancy...just open bite's settings, tap Themes, then tap Apply. As soon as you tap Apply, the app closes then launches by itself again..with the selected theme activated.

The themes are "almost" flawless. They cache fully only after a few launches of the app. That means you don't see the default theme when it's first loading for a second....it's always themed.

So far I have only found one bug...that is when you have a theme activated..then tap Edit..the conversation list shows a white box around the words. Just reapply the theme and it fixes it. But this is just the beta...do surely when it gets public and takes 6.2's place it will work fine, and probably have more themes to choose from.

If you think biteSMS is buggy then it MUST be mildly conflicting with something...because bite does not lag, slow the device down, have a lot of glitches or anything like that.

On that note were you using the public version that is in Cydia? That would version 6.2.

The beta version is 6.3.6.

And besides...the developers of biteSMS give absolutely excellent support.

If you find any real major bugs in bite, all you have to do is replicate the bug, email the syslog..and the Devs will reply...couple days layer...the bug is fixed.

BiteSMS is literally perfect compared to other messaging tweaks....I know the current beta is anyway.

The beta is from this repo: cydia.bitesms.com/.

iSwipe and Swype are the same thing and the repo I posted was his official repo. Both were developed by WyndWarrior(the same person who developed Dreamboard). He changed the name from Swype to iSwipe, 0.4 is the last version he ever released.

Jmills87 said:
iSwipe and Swype are the same thing and the repo I posted was his official repo. Both were developed by WyndWarrior(the same person who developed Dreamboard). He changed the name from Swype to iSwipe, 0.4 is the last version he ever released.

Cool cool...I just checked a min ago and found that that was the official repo.lol. I did figure that iSwipe and iSwype were the same thing...but didn't know for sure.

Figured maybe it was like a Speed Intensifier/FakeClock up thing. ya know...how Speed Intensifier and FakeClockUp are literally the same exact tweak. Except in that situation the developer of Speed Intensifier just completely ripped of FakeClockUp..and didn't change anything but the UI.lol.

Springtomize 2 the best customization in 1 package. can do many things like change carrier name. change number of dock and icons in home screen. can do cover flow on dock. can hide selected status bar like time. can retain wallpaper when charging (not the battery wallpaper anymore) and many more

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk

view2darrel said:
Springtomize 2 the best customization in 1 package. can do many things like change carrier name. change number of dock and icons in home screen. can do cover flow on dock. can hide selected status bar like time. can retain wallpaper when charging (not the battery wallpaper anymore) and many more

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk

Cover flow dock works very well with Infinidock

Springtomize2 doesn't play happily with Iconoclasm. So I had to get rid of Springtomize2. I can't live without Iconoclasm. And everything you can do in Springtomize 2 you can do on other Cydia tweaks.

does anyone know the name of the tweak or whatever, to have all the settings on the notification window? settings like wifi, brightness, data etc..

adpena said:
does anyone know the name of the tweak or whatever, to have all the settings on the notification window? settings like wifi, brightness, data etc..

There are quite a few tweaks that do this...not just one.

The *best* ones are:

IntelliScreenX ($10...but so worth it..because it does solo much more then adding toggles to notification center)

And

NCSettings. (very nice and makes NC very smooth. It only provides toggles, but has some that ISX does not have. Like Private Browsing for Safari, Locations, Auto-Lock (toggling it changes auto-lock from 1 minute to never, and vice versa), silent, Vibrate..and can adjust just how it effects ringer/silent and vibrate, brightness, volume, and a flash light toggle. Just tap the toggle and the LED flash light comes on...the one that used for flash in the Camera.app.

I used BITEsm along time ago when it came out , it was crappy .... Now I'm debating to try it once again due to the good" rumors "