What's new

Cool tweeks or anything

I used BITEsm along time ago when it came out , it was crappy .... Now I'm debating to try it once again due to the good" rumors "
I had the same conclusion as you, Imnotron. It was a very buggy piece of software - though it looked cool and very promising as an app concept-wise. But in the last year they've really listened to their feedback and made huge strides. The "good rumors" are all correct. It's NOW one of the MOST stable and reliable Tweaks I use. Try it again. You'll really have a very different experience this time - I promise!

pianoman said:
I had the same conclusion as you, Imnotron. It was a very buggy piece of software - though it looked cool and very promising as an app concept-wise. But in the last year they've really listened to their feedback and made huge strides. The "good rumors" are all correct. It's NOW one of the MOST stable and reliable Tweaks I use. Try it again. You'll really have a very different experience this time - I promise!

Alright , while I'm waiting for my wifey to get on lunch break - ill download it and see what happens ! -

d22block said:
Whats the cost of biteSMS?

BiteSMS costs $10 after the trial.

Once the trial is over you can still fully use biteSMS and all it's features. You will just have a small ad banner at the bottom of the biteSMS application until a license is purchased.

So basically you can still use biteSMS without paying for it.

But the new version of biteSMS from the beta repo has in app theme support...and you cannot use the themes within the application until you buy a license. But everything else will work forever.

Dashboardx may not be my favorite but for something new I like it especially along with homespringwigdet.

Last edited:
PinkPatty said:
Here's my Top 10 for iPhone 4

1. OpenSSH
2. SBSettings
3. VoiceUtils
4. IntelliscreenX:
5. MyWi 5.0
6. Zephyr:
7. GridLock:
8. biteSMS
9. CallBar
10. Springtomize 2

You should change your root/mobile password if you have OpenSSH installed.

Otherwise...you really need it. You can SSH through USB instead of wifi. Way more stable, fast, and efficient and absolutely 0 room for file corruption during transfer...unlike wifi SSH.

You should change your root/mobile password if you have OpenSSH installed.

Otherwise...you really need it. You can SSH through USB instead of wifi. Way more stable, fast, and efficient and absolutely 0 room for file corruption during transfer...unlike wifi SSH.
Is it faster in transfer rates than Wifi too - using USB? Then how do you SSH via USB?

pianoman said:
Is it faster in transfer rates than Wifi too - using USB? Then how do you SSH via USB?

Well it depends. Wifi SSH can be fast and stable and everything if you have a really good wifi connection. I just don't see the point in installing yet another extension so you can SSH when SSH is automatically with afc2ad.

But there is a risk of file corruption for wifi SSH. Rare...but it can happen.

All you need for USB SSH is a jailbroken iDevice..a USB cable and a computer.

My favorite USB SSH clients are:
i-FunBox
iTools

There are others, but those are the best.

Simply download i-FunBox or iTools (if you can find the English version that is).

Then plug in iPhone, and open up the program.

Instant access to the raw file system seconds after you plug in your phone.

Nothing needs to be installed from Cydia.

Just plug in phone
Open i-FunBox
Instant access.

OpenSSH is a wast of time IMO.

Who's wants to "log in" every time they want to transfer files between computer and iPhone when all you have to do is plug in and open a program?lol.

Well it depends. Wifi SSH can be fast and stable and everything if you have a really good wifi connection. I just don't see the point in installing yet another extension so you can SSH when SSH is automatically with afc2ad.

But there is a risk of file corruption for wifi SSH. Rare...but it can happen.

All you need for USB SSH is a jailbroken iDevice..a USB cable and a computer.

My favorite USB SSH clients are:
i-FunBox
iTools

There are others, but those are the best.

Simply download i-FunBox or iTools (if you can find the English version that is).

Then plug in iPhone, and open up the program.

Instant access to the raw file system seconds after you plug in your phone.

Nothing needs to be installed from Cydia.

Just plug in phone
Open i-FunBox
Instant access.

OpenSSH is a wast of time IMO.

Who's wants to "log in" every time they want to transfer files between computer and iPhone when all you have to do is plug in and open a program?lol.
Thanks. I'll try that.

Yes USB file explorer programs are always faster than SSH. No matter how fast your network is, it's not going to be faster than USB 2.0. I tend to use SSH for smaller transfers like a deb file or single image or something. For larger themes I use iFunBox and it transfers much faster.

Going to have to check out KuaiDial. T9 dialing is a nice addition.
Thanks,
RA

Just a quick question about Bitesms. Is it normal for them to ask you to agree to a EULACHON before using Bitesms? It seems to be letting type messages but not through the app.

Help is appreciated as it look like a fab app.

I'm new to jailbreaking but my favorites so far are:

Springtomize 2 - the only tweak app I think I'll ever need
Imperium - a necessity for multitasking
WinterBoard - best theming app
iFile - a file manager, every jailbreaker should have it

To each his own I suppose

Imperium is not bad once you get use to UI. It is a very functional and useful tweak. But I shallowly just don't like the UI.lol.

For the best multitasking experience I use:

QuickDo (like Activator...but much better and more efficient).
MultiCleaner
Multifl0w
Backgrounder.

Multifl0w is just for a pleasant looking multitasking experience.

QuickDo (Activator alternative) in itself can greatly improve the multitasking experience alone. It has good app switching actions by default that Activator does not have. (and unlike Activator the slide gestures actually work!)

MultiCleaner makes managing application a breeze with its app quit actions that can be used w/ Activator/QuickDo:
Quit All (kill all apps at once)
Quit app (quit currently opened app)
Launch last (switch to previously opened app)
With MultiCleaner I can customize the app switcher to behave exactly how I want. And the the fact that it allows me to drag apps up and out of the app switcher to quit them is also a great feature (much like CloseEnhancer...just more customizable). I can assign certain apps to be "pinned" to the app switcher so they are always there. Along with setting certain apps to behave a certain way multitasking wise.

Backgrounder (self explanatory don't ya think?)

I also just recently started using Dock..as a way to alway have access to my most used apps from anywhere via its QuickDo/Activator action.

To each his own I suppose

Imperium is not bad once you get use to UI. It is a very functional and useful tweak. But I shallowly just don't like the UI.lol.

For the best multitasking experience I use:

QuickDo (like Activator...but much better and more efficient).
MultiCleaner
Multifl0w
Backgrounder.

Multifl0w is just for a pleasant looking multitasking experience.

QuickDo (Activator alternative) in itself can greatly improve the multitasking experience alone. It has good app switching actions by default that Activator does not have. (and unlike Activator the slide gestures actually work!)

MultiCleaner makes managing application a breeze with its app quit actions that can be used w/ Activator/QuickDo:
Quit All (kill all apps at once)
Quit app (quit currently opened app)
Launch last (switch to previously opened app)
With MultiCleaner I can customize the app switcher to behave exactly how I want. And the the fact that it allows me to drag apps up and out of the app switcher to quit them is also a great feature (much like CloseEnhancer...just more customizable). I can assign certain apps to be "pinned" to the app switcher so they are always there. Along with setting certain apps to behave a certain way multitasking wise.

Backgrounder (self explanatory don't ya think?)

I also just recently started using Dock..as a way to alway have access to my most used apps from anywhere via its QuickDo/Activator action.
Hmm.. multifl0w looks pretty nice. I'll have to buy it and see if I like it better than Imperium. The only reason I wanted Imperium was for the multitasking, which multifl0w seems to do with a better UI.