What's new

Cool tweeks or anything

taylor4338

Reaction score
Just jailbroke my iPhone 4. Anyone know of some cool Tweeks or customizations? I'm new I'm the jailbroken world so not sure what to do now.

I can name a few...but be sure to watch videos or something on them SI you get a better idea of what they actually do

#1) biteSMS: (reply to or compose a text message from "anywhere" within any application, without having to open the Messages app. It comes with an ugly pink icon tho...you can change it to the stock Messages icon within the biteSMS settings. This tweak beats ALL messages tweaks. Meaning its better then ALL of them...I tried them all.lol.)

#2) IntelliScreenX: (just install it, play with the settings..it's awesome. It is the "only" tweak that allows CDMA iPhones to switch between 2G and 3G data. Can even use Notification Center on the lock screen)

#3) SwipeSelection: (can move the curser when typing by dragging your finger across the keyboard. Awesome)

#4) KBShortcuts: (seriously...watch a YouTube video on it..it's awesome)

#5) Activator (QuickDo is better, but Activator is needed to use many tweaks)

#6) Infinidock (scroll endlessly through dock icons, and set a custom number of icons to show in the dock on one page. Use Sprinftomize 2's cover flow effect to make your dock look like this:
51c416e4.jpg

Can also adjust the effect to your liking)

#7) CallBar: (when a incoming call comes in, instead of getting an "Answer/Decline" screen, a banner comes down, swipe right to answer, swipe left to end, press a volume button to mute, all while never having to fully stop what you are doing and leave the application you are in)

#8) iFile: (Access your iPhones entire file system rite on your device. Extremely useful and *every* jailbreaker should have it. With iFile installed you can download files rite from the Safari browser and open in iFile to view it. iFile also allows you to install deb files which are what Cydia packages are, compress files into zip files, unarchive basically any type of file, change UI images, like the lock screen slider for example..and so much more..the possibilities are "endless" with iFile)

#9) KuaiDial: (call any number from your contact by typing the name into the dial pad of the Phone.app with T9 functionality. It remember what numbers you call most often, therefore they can show up with less typing. It also has a blacklist feature where you can block any number for calls or SMS. The phone will show a misses call, but will never ring or appear to be having an incoming call)

#10) Caffiene 2: (quickly enable/disable the autolock feature via whatever feature you set it to via QuickDo or Activator. Very useful for when downloading large files like themes from Cydia)

#11) iCleaner: (make your device run slightly faster by cleaning out unneeded files that take up unnecessary space)

#12) MultiCleaner: (multitasking the way it should be. Assign any Activator/QuickDo gesture to "quit" the app your on, quit all apps at one Tim, or launch last app. Can also drag an app up and out of the app switcher to quit it.

#13) Activator: (assign any gesture, swipe, button press, to perform basically any action you want. The slide in gestures DO NOT work anymore tho..Developer refuses to fix them..this is why I use QuickDo also)

#14) QuickDo: (like activator assign any gesture screen tap, double tap, 2 finger tap/slide, 3 finger tap slide, tap and hold...awesome. And the slide gestures work perfectly. My personal suggestion...use slide up from screen right to activate the app switcher. That way you can just swipe up from the bottom right side of the screen to view the app switcher. Pretty nifty).

InkedAdrenaline said:
Bitesms def #1 although I think callbar is #2.

Well I didn't exactly order them from most liked to least liked.

But actually if I did..your right...biteSMS #1 the CallBar #2.

Then #3 would be iFile. But it's serious a tough call between CallBar and iFile. So much can be done with iFile. Once Cydia is installed, then iFile is installed..iFile could be used as a standalone application. It install packages unarchives them (have to repackage the debs on your computer tho..but I'm think of giving iDeb a try.) can zip up basically any directory you want, and just drag and drop it your computer switch files in/out..it's endless. Any developer has iFile installed because with you can do almost anything you want..with the right knowledge of coarse. I don't have that knowledge but I know I use iFile for something at least once very couple days. And that's not including installing deb files.

Last edited:
InkedAdrenaline said:
Btw what did you use to get your weather in status bar?

A tweak called WeatherIcon. Shows live temp and image in the app icon as well. If its day time the icon will be blue with a relevant image. When it starts to get dark outside, the icon turns purple.

Can set a custom time for how long between refreshes.

I like it. Its always been installed after jailbreaking ever since forever ago.lol.

A tweak called WeatherIcon. Shows live temp and image in the app icon as well. If its day time the icon will be blue with a relevant image. When it starts to get dark outside, the icon turns purple.

Can set a custom time for how long between refreshes.

I like it. Its always been installed after jailbreaking ever since forever ago.lol.

Cool I'm gonna check it out.

Does anyone know if there is a swipe to text like droid razors have?

There is but I haven't tried it because from what I have read it doesn't work well.i will try and find the name of it.

blkhwk9357 said:
Does anyone know if there is a swipe to text like droid razors have?

Yes there is, but you have to add a certain repo. I can't remember what it is tho. It's not piracy related...I just cannot think of it.

The last version I tried .04 I think worked pretty well but would give me stupid none-existent words, and some words wouldn't add to the dictionary like names. I could never add "Allison" for some reason. It added but never showed list.

I just quit using it...it just wasn't accurate enough...maybe there is a later more efficient ration out now tho. I'll let ya know if find the repo.

Yes there is, but you have to add a certain repo. I can't remember what it is tho. It's not piracy related...I just cannot think of it.

The last version I tried .04 I think worked pretty well but would give me stupid none-existent words, and some words wouldn't add to the dictionary like names. I could never add "Allison" for some reason. It added but never showed list.

I just quit using it...it just wasn't accurate enough...maybe there is a later more efficient ration out now tho. I'll let ya know if find the repo.

So I was prob reading one of you old posts then. Because I remember reading about certain words not working.

Side note. Downloaded the weathericon tweak yesterday after you told me. A very nice compliment to the status bar and free which is nice. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure there is an "official" developer repo for it, and I had it at one point in time, I just for the life of me cannot remember. It was not a "myrepospace" repo tho. I got it from the Dev's Twitter page.