What's new

Contacts

blessed

Reaction score
This is a problem that has bothered me for quite a long time, I'm hoping that someone can help me.
I use Yahoo for my email, calendar and contacts. For years, I've always synced my contacts with my phone for obvious reasons and it has always paid off, UNTIL the iPhone came into my life. With the older iPhone and the current iPhone 4, whenever I connect it to iTunes to sync it always replaces what's on my phone (current info) with the older computer info. I phoned apple and the rep walked me through the settings and (thank goodness we backed it up first) it duplicated items, then erased everything. There has to be a way to merge my new info with the old. PLEASE HELP!!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

My google calendar on the phone always overwrite the one one my computer, save to everything else I'm having on the phone like contacts, SMS, files, apps, etc... The only one thing which iTunes up sync to my phone are videos and songs. The totally of the rest are up sync from my phone to my iTunes on the computer, and that should also be your case. If not I will ask, is your iTunes up to date?

Yes. It is up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

when you plug you iphone back up to you itunes itll back it up completly your pics your contacts your messages etc. it wont erase it because itll back it up first..
You may loose music though im not sure if it backs that up or not i cant remember that part

Te backup doesn't include the songs and purchased downloaded videos.

You can contact Apple here and explain the situation. They will then make everything you have ever bought on iTunes available to redownload for free.

Photos are synced on backup (although I'd email them to myself before I connected to iTunes just in case)

Besides i share you a reviews about iPad/iPhone/iPod Transfer Backup, which includes the transferring of music, photos, videos, SMS, Contact ect. between iPod/iPhone/iPad and computer(PC or Mac).
Hopefully this works for all of you like it just worked for me!

Last edited: