What's new

Frustating Contact Syncing

coope1999

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm been spending the last 4 hours trying to sort this out but with no luck. I'm trying to sync my iphone contacts with ANYTHING! but nothing is working. iTunes will say that it's syncing with Windows Contacts or gmail or yahoo! but nothing appears in those accounts when I check on my PC. Even my Windows Contacts remain empty on my PC.

I don't want to import contacts into my phone I want them to be exported elsewhere.

What on Earth is happening?

I tried it with my iphone with no luck....I tried my girlfriend's iphone and that worked and I tried my ipad and that did not work!

Why won't my devices send contact info to my accounts/PC? I'm not getting any errors. iTunes makes it look like it's successfull.

I've even set up an exchange mail account and it still won't send my contacts to that account!

Please help before I totally lose faith in Apple (I have always detested iTunes!)

Coope.

what do you have checked under the Info tab with your device when it is hooked to iTunes?

Are you trying to use a specific email account I sync contacts...or are you trying to get any account to sync contacts.

You should only try using *1* account to sync contacts at a time.

Is there a specific reason you need your contacts on your computer? Or are you just trying to get contacts on computer....just because.

What I would do is use iCloud only.

Then use the iCloud Control Panel on your PC to view contacts on PC.

I had checked to sync all contacts. I've sorted it now as I used a 3rd party app to sync to a webspace and then I downloaded the contacts. I needed them as I gave my iPhone to my partner and I am now using an Android phone (I haven't used my iPhone as an iOS device since getting my iPad last year.)

Thanks anyway.