What's new

2nd iPhone - 1 iTunes

iGaz

Reaction score
After over 3 years of trying since I got my first iPhone my wife has finally ditched those horrid black berries and got herself an iPhone.

I know how to keep everything separate except for contacts. I've always use my windows address book without problems. The first (and so far only) time I synced it for her I somehow managed to get all my contacts on her phone even though I told iTunes not to. Lol. She has since erased them and added in hers one by one the old fashioned way. Before I go plugging it back in and end up replacing them with my contacts again (trust me that's not a good idea!) how can I be sure that her contacts will sync separately form mine?

I could probably create a google or yahoo account and do something with that but I would rather know for certain I'm going to get it right before the wife makes me regret it. Lol...

Set up separate windows login names for you and your wife.
One iTunes program with separate libraries and contacts for each user.

Let me know how it works out for you.

We have about 5 different profiles for 5 different devices. They all sync differently using the one itunes program on one pc.

Got all the contacts to sync to the computer.

Only problem is it's just the contacts I want separate. The new iTunes libary doesn't have all my apps, videos, music etc. Just can't be bothered adding them all back in and sorting out all my playlists and things again. Also a bit of a pain to sync it to two different users on the laptop.

Now that I've got them on my computer I can play about with different things without fear of loosing them or getting them muddled up with mine. I'll try creating different groups in windows address book and syncing them. Hopefully that should let me sync both phones to the one user account on the laptop.

Thanks...