What's new

Contacts showing which arent my contacts!

ayeshasi

Reaction score
Hi

Wanted some advice. I got my iphone and transferred all contacts from yahoo address book to my iphone ( i had a bb before). Then my sis (who also had a bb) came to mines and i created a yahoo id for her and transferred her contacts from her own yahoo address book to iphone. I did the same with my husbands.
But now whats happening is if my sister adds a new contact on her iphone, my husband gets that contact added on his iphone too! If he turns off email contacts then its fine :s, which shouldnt be the case anyway.

However they both have Viber installed so when someone is added on her Viber list, its also on my husbands.

im confused what to di....please help

Am I understanding correctly that you synced the same contact list to both your sister and husband?

Nope i synced both separate on separate accounts. I had to turn off husbands icloud in order to not show any contacts she adds :s

If they are both separate email accounts and separate iTunes accounts than you are in one interesting conundrum

Can OP confirm this.

Seems like an impossible situation if this is true.

Yes that's right. What used to happen was whenever she added any contacts on her contact list, husband found that the contact was also added onto his contacts list. I turned off his iCloud and that worked. Then she installed viber and so did husband. Now when she has a new contact added on viber my husband also gets a notification that the contact has joined viber.

Both separate accounts were created by myself at the time ( in order to copy contacts in yahoo address book and transfer later through iTunes to iPhone).