What's new

Contact name in sms

ihas

Reaction score
I have installed Bites SMS but when I received SMS from numbers that are in my contact those not appear rather their number only appears.
Thank You.

What happen when you select a contact from the biteSMS app and send a message, after the message go out, does biteSMS show the phone number or the contact name?

It shows the name, e.g if I send sms to joe who is on my contact his name will appear when he replied it won't come as joe rather his number will come. If joe number is saved as 12345678 when he replied it will come with +23412345678
Thank you

That's very strange. I was thinking that you didn't save well your contact phone number on your phone, but if when you send the message it shows his name, then all I can think of is a bug with your biteSMS app you are usingTaUs the stock SMS app doing the same? If it's the SMS stock app doesn't do that then it's definitely biteSMS. but if yes the stock app does the same, then go to setting> contacts> mails, contacts, calendars> 1.) sort order = last, first
2.) display order = first, last
Then reboot your phone and try receive a message from your contact.
Also one detail that I forget to ask in my previous post is to know if this happens with anyone you receive message from? Or just only one contact?

Last edited:
On my 3Gs I once installed an APP that took care if the problem... the main issue is d fact that when u received a txt the providers add country code added to d number... I can't seem to remember d apps is my problem now.