What's new

Considering iPhone 4

ca06827465

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a 3GS currently and it is pretty old and abused, and I will have to soon replace it.
Is the iPhone 4 worth getting, or should I wait for iPhone 5 for a few more months (presumably)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
ca06827465 said:
Hey guys,
I have a 3GS currently and it is pretty old and abused, and I will have to soon replace it.
Is the iPhone 4 worth getting, or should I wait for iPhone 5 for a few more months (presumably)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read the forum rules before posting such links.

I will not suggest anything to you..it's your money. If you want the 5 wait until October or so. The 4 is worth it.

Hi CA0........... If the 3GS is working and doing "most" of what you want, wait til the iP5 -- I would. Nevertheless, the iP4 is terrific and it will have the iOS5 on it soon enough too!

I would wait till the 5 comes out and see what if any differences between the two and pick from there

Hmm... I borrow this thread, so. I am coming to USA as an exchange student from Finland and I have been thinking about buying iPhone from there, because apple started to sell them unlocked and they are so much cheaper there than here. But the trick is this, do you think is the iP5 going to be unlocked by apple from day one or is it going to take a looong time as it was with the iP4 official unlocking? Because if it's going to take a long time I am thinking about buying the iPhone 4 instead, because I don't want to use my old Nokia 6700 Slide untill next spring etc. So what do you guys think?

backbreaker said:
Hmm... I borrow this thread, so. I am coming to USA as an exchange student from Finland and I have been thinking about buying iPhone from there, because apple started to sell them unlocked and they are so much cheaper there than here. But the trick is this, do you think is the iP5 going to be unlocked by apple from day one or is it going to take a looong time as it was with the iP4 official unlocking? Because if it's going to take a long time I am thinking about buying the iPhone 4 instead, because I don't want to use my old Nokia 6700 Slide untill next spring etc. So what do you guys think?

I believe it will come factory unlocked as well. I read that apple is trying to add user access to what ever carrier they like from within the phone. So that's a nice thing to hope for.

oh, that's good news :) I truly, truly hope it will be factory unlocked from the start, but we'll see.