What's new

EX-ANDROID and/or pc OWNERS now with an iPHONE 4?

shocka

Reaction score
howdy! i am a current pc owner and android user considering an iphone 4. but i have concerns... not thrilled about relying on itunes for sync, bummed about proprietary cables for said syncing, and well, it's a new OS that i'm not used to. i was considering the thunderbolt but i am getting wary of the delays and proposed pricing. not thrilled with the screen size of the iphone but i could make do. also concerned about getting a phone that is due to be replaced in a matter of months. any words of wisdom? especially from those who are or were in a similar boat...

Had a droid, iPhone 4 is a million times better. I wouldn't even put them in the same league of technology. Nothin wrong with iTunes? Just the display alone on the iPhone 4 wins it. I never used to download any apps from android cus they were all crap 400kb applications. iPhones app store is great, amazing games and apps. I like the screen size it's nice. And I don't think the iPhone 5 will be coming out in a couple months, even if it was, iPhone 4 is still ridiculously awesome

Welcome to our forums. Regarding iTunes and pc's it is known fact that iTunes on a pc can have issues it is not at all about Apple's USB connector it is more about multiple versions of OS on PC'S and different virus protections installed. Many users also lso have aging PC computers which are chock full of stuff so this can cause issues. Windows 64 bit was an issue but unsure if that's resolved. I can say that several of my customers whom had problems syncing did a total restore on their pc's and after that every thing worked fine. We have several discussions at our sister forum where I also moderate iPad Forum. Just do a search there and you will find many threads regarding the matter. Hope that helps.

Just got the Verizon iPhone 4 after being a Windows guy (PC and Mobile) for many years. I was leaning towards Droid X but the instability and battery drain were a turnoff. The iPhone is just awesome.. everything is so intuitive! No problems syncing with iTunes on PC (Win7). App store is just great ... can get out of control though! And if you jailbreak there is a whole bunch of other features you can add to enhance your experience. Yes there will be a iPhone 5 around the corner but I feel that the changes will be incremental. 3GS to 4 was a radical change and now you can have your pick of AT&T or Verizon!

I have never had a droid but iPhone4 is the first Apple product i have owned. I had similar concerns as you tbh. Once you get going with the thing I think you will ease a bit. iTunes isnt that bad once you get used to it and it needs not run all the time. Just when you hook up the phone and close it after. It makes it so easy to add files and back up etc. If it really bothers you there are ways around.

I have an iPhone. Switched from a Verizon palm pre plus to an AT&T iPhone 4 last September. I use both pc and Mac to sync.
It does take some getting used to but I have never had a phone as fun and convenient as the iPhone 4 before. My brother is waiting to get his thunderbolt at the end of march. I know it's a bit far off but if you'd like I can do a comparison when he gets it