What's new

iphone 4 or android, That is the ?

Poisen Dart Frog

Reaction score
Alright here it goes, I am new to the iphone 4, but am coming from a rooted and romed android device. Right now i am leaning towards the droid. There are advantages to both as well as disadvantages. With the droid i was able to customize just about everything to my liking. The iphone does not seem this way?
Can i set a different tones to separate email accounts? Can i set a different tone to my text messages, incoming and outgoing? How do I add text tones to my phone(free sites like zedge on android).? Can i change the notification bar colors & icons( the place where the signal strength and time are)? Are ther different style icons rather than the borimg square ones? you get where I am going with this.
If i jailbreak will all these options be presented to me. I am currently on a 30 day trial to see what I think of the Iphone. So far I only like the crisp picture the iphone has. Other than that seems lame, so please if you have a iphone 4 or know all the answers to my ?'s. Please respond to this thread. I want to love the iphone but it keeps pushing me away.

The biggest gain for me was the battery on my droid it would not last the whole day with iphone it could almost last 2 days

I, too, am on a trial with iPhone. Had a rooted and Rom dX. Wow. Overclocked. Undervolted. No throttle. Biggest difference is droid is more customizable and the iPhone, with all due respect to DX, just works. Always. There isn't much performance difference. iPhone may be slightly better. Because of keyboard (it is just better) and battery life not to mention iTunes and app store I'm sticking with iPhone. Can't go wrong either way and it is more preference. I do believe all the droid tweaks come at a performance coat.

I've seen people run the android os on their iphones, but they require an iphone 2 or 3g. Is there a way to install on it an iphone 4

Can i set a different tones to separate email accounts? Can i set a different tone to my text messages, incoming and outgoing? How do I add text tones to my phone(free sites like zedge on android).? Can i change the notification bar colors & icons( the place where the signal strength and time are)? Are ther different style icons rather than the borimg square ones? you get where I am going with this.
If i jailbreak will all these options be presented to me. I am currently on a 30 day trial to see what I think of the Iphone. So far I only like the crisp picture the iphone has. Other than that seems lame, so please if you have a iphone 4 or know all the answers to my ?'s. Please respond to this thread. I want to love the iphone but it keeps pushing me away.

I got my verizon iphone last week and so far i have changed the notification bar color with different icons with a new theme. the theme also added icons. all around the iphone is better. I was an android fanboy for the past 2 years with my original droid overclocked, rooted, etc. Not to mention the new android phones are being locked down with signed/locked bootloaders that makes you not able to customize it like you once were.

Many Android accessories accept apparent abutting to or even bigger tech specifics than the iPhone 4, but no one yet has put things calm as the iPhone, except for the HTC Evo.An iPhone is an iPhone and comparing it to an Android is arbitrary because both even admitting crosses over at assorted functions, are growing in altered directions. iPhone is searching at creating its own allotment of market, while Android is travelling the added accepted way of accessible antecedent even after the agreeableness of an iPhone.

I've had an android phone (Droid X), and I can easily say, iPhone 4 >.

I switched from android to iphone, the main problem with android is the updates, where the new iphone is better in performance.