What's new

Confused and nervous about JB

Kensterfly

Reaction score
I had originally JB'd my phone with the very easy to use "Jailbreakme.com"
I have no idea why they haven't updated for iOS 4.1 and hear they aren't going to. Too bad! It was so simple and didn't require a lot "DFUing", etc. So now it's either Greenpoison or Limera1n.

I also do not understand the need and use for Tiny Umbrella. Is it something you need to do before you JB or is it a repair that is downloaded when a JB goes awry?

I want a simple, sure fire jailbreak. I have no use for unlock at least in the near future. I currently have iOS 4.1 with 02.10.04. The tutorial on this board for limera1n is for saving the old baseband which is not an issue for me. I guess I need someone to tell me the best program to use and to take me by the hand and show me the way to a hassle free JB. I have already connected with Cydia from previous JB and have successfully moved from "Rock" to Cydia.

So, what do I do now?

Thanks!

If you are using the phone on the same carrier don't worry about TinyUmbrella. Just D/L Limara1n and follow the instructions its just as easy as jailbreakme.com. Jailbreakme.com used the pdf exploit in safari....that has now been closed by apple.

I bit the bullet and just did it. I now have Limera1n. It went very smoothly. Got Cydia again and was able to reinstall the only two JB apps I had previously: MyWi and My3g.

So far, it's all good.

Thanks.

thing about jailbreaking is that the tool always changes name and there is always new tools and ways to jailbreak it never stays the same. only tool that has stayed constant is pwnage tool for mac for jailbreak

thing about jailbreaking is that the tool always changes name and there is always new tools and ways to jailbreak it never stays the same. only tool that has stayed constant is pwnage tool for mac for jailbreak
pwnage tool is probably my favorite tool to use.

Please help me understand something. I apologize if this has been asked 1000 times before.
I'm looking at getting a iPhone as it becomes available on Verizon and am confused as weather or not it can be tethered without JB and can it become a wifi hotspot?

I realize that all this might be speculation as the release on Verizon could be the new iPhone 5 and a lot could change with the new OS.

Thanks

Cya

Please help me understand something. I apologize if this has been asked 1000 times before.
I'm looking at getting a iPhone as it becomes available on Verizon and am confused as weather or not it can be tethered without JB and can it become a wifi hotspot?

I realize that all this might be speculation as the release on Verizon could be the new iPhone 5 and a lot could change with the new OS.

Thanks

Cya

The verizon myth has been going for years... It's really to soon to be asking.... Really nobody knows......

Thanks

Cya

The verizon myth has been going for years... It's really to soon to be asking.... Really nobody knows......

Ok...thanks, but to my understanding it is a little more than a myth now.

Cya

Thanks

Cya

Ok...thanks, but to my understanding it is a little more than a myth now.

Cya

I wouldn't count your chickens yet.. ;)