What's new

J/B My IP 3G via Blackra1n, IP4... What to Do?

Yawppy

Reaction score
I had a IP 3g, and JB via Blackra1n, so been googling to see what I could do to JB my new IP4 4.2.1.

I have heard about Greenpo1son , Limera1n, jailbreakme.com, and Redsn0w. (Think I found them all, or did I miss something in the Google?)

OK got em all downloaded.. so my questions are this:

Greenpo1son... currently (01/27/11) does not exist un-tethered... or does it?
I have a file on windows.. not sure as to what version tho

Limera1n... same as Greenpo1son

So now what is the differences, is one better than the other, which one should I utilize?

Now I have heard Limera1n's Geohot has well gone Awol, no support etc, so am leaning towards Greenpo1son, and besides like the icon they use!

But have also heard that it may be a while till it is out for us windows folk, so I have never had to utilize an un-tethered JB, I know the difference. But am not clear on how it will work, and if an untethered JB comes along, will I be able to reset and apply it?

I want to JB, but the apps I have D-LDed, will they work, or are they un-tethered?

Also, I remember a password change when I JB my 3g, can not remember exactly what it was, but is there a main password to change here also for security purposes?

OK appreciate any help, or info!

TY
Yawppy

Welcome,

As your on 4.2.1 only redsnow will jailbreak your phone. It will be a tethered jailbreak. Fortunately an untethered version is due along shortly. Hopefully in a week or two. If you decide to jailbreak now and then the untethered jailbreak comes out then you can change to that.

If you've downloaded your apps from the app store then jailbreaking won't affect them...

TY, guess I'll look into the un tethered , not sure if I am up to that way, and will hop in line for the next big Un tethered JB!

Yawppy