What's new

choppy replay on pc

Spitfirespl

Reaction score
hey everyone,
I've taken a number of videos and got them uploaded to my pc (running XP PRO) but anytime i view them, i get about half way through the video it gets very choppy. The video keeps playing but its like it skips a few seconds ahead in the video, then plays normally for a few seconds and then skips ahead again and keeps going this till the end of the video (i use quick time to view the videos)

Also i cant get it to work for windows media, it keeps asking for codec 706D..... not sure what that is?

can someone help???

Yes it's normal, you will either have to convert the videos into low resolution video or get codecs installed into your computer. The videos made from your phone are of very high resolutions, 720 and hd. If your computer os is not compatible it will lag while playing it. So convert the video format or install dvix vidx into your computer.

Try using VLC player. I couldn't get my iPhone videos to work properly with QuickTime either. VLC played them no problem. I'm also running XP pro...

so i down loaded the vlc player and it will play 1 or 2 of my videos then it completely freezes up......... did i do something wrong?

I don't know what you can do wrong. I've never had a problem with VLC. Could it be the videos got corrupted when copying them from your phone? You could always try reinstallin VLC...

for the copying all i did was double click on them when i opened up my iphone through windows and it automatically copied it from myip4 to my comp.....

i'll try re installing vlc.

so i just tried reinstalling vlc and now the video just stalls but the audio works fine.....

so i just tried reinstalling vlc and now the video just stalls but the audio works fine.....

Get dvix codec install into your computer and play the videos with the dvix codec player, or just convert the videos into mpeg or whatever popular video format that your want.

Try copying them over again.

You shouldn't need any codes for VLC. It plays almost anything...

once i copied them over i deleted them off the phone...... i thought i could put them back on the phone after if i wanted..... yeah was totally wrong about that haha

i"m gonna try downloading the codecs and see if that works. any suggestions where to get them??? I've never dealt with codecs before.